Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Missing 9020 when blowing snow?

MN_FISH

When I've been blowing snow with the 9020 the tractor gets covered with snow. The problem is the snow melts:( on the hood and runs down the sides and shorts out the sparkplugs and it starts to miss & lose power until they dry out some. The plugs sit straight down from the edges of the hood. Who else has this problem? Is there something I can do to prevent this from happening? I try to blow with the wind but with swirling B)winds around the buildings and can't always blow with the wind I can't help it to get it covered with snow. Were getting dumped on now with about 6"+ on the ground now and more coming with wind tomorrow. Anybody put extra lights on there 9020 or 720 being the cab covers B) up the fender lights? I wanted the wife to take some action pictures the other day but NO-WAY was she coming out and take pictures at -21. Maybe someday I'll coax :Iher to take some:D

Does your engine have the rubber covers over the plugs on the end of the plug wire. If not, that, would to me be the cause of the shorting. If you have them, check for dry rot or cracks in them. There again the rubber insulater's on the plug wires should be good enough to control the problem. as for the lights, I don't have a cab, YET. But I am somewhat of a light freak. I like lots of light so I wouldn't hesitate to add some extra's mayby along the top of the roof line aimed down so you see the sides of the tractor as well as what's in front.

Have a 4041; no problems with shorting out. Must be a cracked wire of some such. Do you have a cab. If you do. I have lights on top of cab which shine down and provide max light when needed. Otherwise I don't know where you would put lights. Nice thing with a cab; you can also put light on cab to illuminae backing up too.