Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

First real snow (pictures fixed)

ambler

Boy winter is late calling for 8-15". I have the team ready. 1920 with ags and power blade. 7119h with almost new 42" blower. 7112H with blade. Chains and wheel weights on 7100s. Shame I can get on them only one at a time.

We finally have a little chance for some here in NC. But nothing like what they're calling for up north of me. Can't wait to get my blade for my 620. Guese I'll have to wait till we get enough snow to blow it with my 212. I was gonna blade it up in a winrow so I'd have enough to blow.lol

Hi We are currently under a snow fall warning up here in Canada, I got my Agco Allis 1920H with 48 inch two stage blower ready in case we get a lot of snow. Earlier this week we got about 4 inches of snow which was enough to get my 1920 out to blow some snow. I will have to try and get some pictures of my rig. Hey Wilm169 do you have any pictures of your 720? If so could you please post some pictures of your tractor? Thanks Take Care Jason B

I'm a bit north of Ambler and they're calling for about the same amount of snow, so it looks like it'll be snowblower time for me. :D First time this season. But after the snow stops, the winds are forcast to be 30 to 40 mph with drifting. Oh, if I only had a cab. I feel a "Frosty the Snowman" coming. :(!

Here in Long Island NY they are calling for a blizzard tomorrow. Well both my blower B210 and blade B210 are ready to go, if they were anymore ready they'd be running :D:D I guess we'll know soon enough just how ready they really are with expected accumulations of 12-18" [:0][:0]

They are calling for 9 to 16 inches where I live. I am about 30 miles South of Albany,New York. It is forecasted to start around Saturday afternoon here and end sometime in the AM on Sunday. Got my new Simplicity Conquest with 42" blower ready to go.

These low temperatures are playing he** with the equipment. frozen chokes, carb icing, now the starter on the 7119 decided to spin out. fixed it in the cold snap last year.

Had to drive in to pick up the wife at Madison,WI airport tonight about 50 miles each way. Blew the driveway before I left which had about 6" and when I got back this is how it looked again. Not to mention none of the highway were plowed either way. Looks like tomorrow morning is going to be fun! [img]/club2/attach/KSever/snow12105.jpg[/img]

Back in the woods where you live it must be a real bear to see the road. Drove home 40 mph from work tonight don't like the idea of driving to work in the snow tomorrow.I even got the new belt on one of the blower tractors.Ready to go and blow.Bob

Hope I have blower running fast enough, Being Saturday, I will pull it back in garage and change settings etc until it is right. Added 100 pounds on rear hitch, Changed cable for rear lift so it does down when front comes up. Have springs between front bumper and snowblower. Have right and left cable lift to snowblower. And made lift arms longer. Without tractor running the rear weight will pick up snowblower. Blower is level at all points of lift. Will not have cab back on until everything is right. I think I took care of transmission creep.

They are saying we will get 12-14 before its done.. Seems like hardly enough to bother cleaning,LOL It wasn't snowing at all when I went to bed at 12am but I got up at 6am and there is at least 6 in on the ground...and its coming down fast...They say its coming down at over 2 per hour..and we might get more than they originaly thought..Probably get out the 64 Landlord with cab & blower...or the Broadmoor 728 & blower..Guess the 3415H & blade will stay inside because I only use the blade on the lighter snow falls..only so much you can pile up...

Hi That is OK wilm169, I do not have a cab on my Agco 1920H either but it is sure tempting to get one because of the real cold tempuratures in my area when I am blowing snow. Other then that blowing snow without a cab is not that bad. Maybe next year I will get one. Take Care Jason B

I got about 8" or so on the ground waiting for me:D:D I swept the porch off and shoveled one little path to the wifes van. She's gotta work this morning. Was careful to throw snow that I shoveled where I could still blow it here in a little while:D Still coming down pretty hard so I might wait another hour or so before I go out. Gotta beat the neighbors though... }:) He's gotta craftsman with a blade. Its junk. Prolly have to pull him out of a snowbank later.:D Coffee sure does taste good this morning. If my daughter can get out bed before noon today, I'll have her take some action shots:) Don't hold yur breath though...

We're supposed to get 6-8" here in the Ann Arbor area, it's coming down pretty hard right now but forcast to stop around noon. Since we don't have any on the ground right now I'll use the blade and leave the blower in the shop. I still havent fixed the holes worn in the shell yet any way, and I can get a look at what this crushed limestone will do to my new shoes.

Calling for 6" to 10" here in NW Ohio with 15-30 MPH winds.....[:0]B). Right now there is about 4" on the ground and no wind, but the day is not over yet.....;)

Northwestern Milwaukee, I measured about 12" and now we are getting lake effect snow squals which means we could get an additional 4". Now the winds are kicking in. Southwest and Northwest of here the forecasters are calling for near blizzard winds. This storm has caused more local media attention then the Janet Jackson incident did last year I think. It all started after the flap in North Carolina earlier this week when one inch of snow almost brought the state to a stand still. Ten inches around here, what's the big deal? I guess this means that the media is done talking about the election results.

quote:
Called for 8"-10" in Grant Co. in Indiana last night,,, woke to 2.5". I'm so disappointed.
Yeah!Only about 4" here.Forcast was 8-12".Thought I was going to get some action pics. of the snow thrower on the 314H but didn't even mess with it.Used the B-112 and blade instead. :D

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM1958
Called for 8"-10" in Grant Co. in Indiana last night,,, woke to 2.5". I'm so disappointed. :(
We got 10-12" here in NE Indiana. Just got in from blowing out the drive. Strong winds blowing from the North. Snowblowing 101 - There is no way to direct the shoot so you don't get covered when the wind is blowing that strong and you have to drive into it! The wife couldn't get any clear pictures cause she was laughing too hard. When I came in she said I looked like Mr. Edwards from the christmas special of Little House on the Prairie after he had fallen into the stream. About a 1/4" of snow and ice on the eybrows. Maybe she will feel sorry for me and get me a cab for the 7014 next year.

quote:
Originally posted by Mack
quote:
Called for 8"-10" in Grant Co. in Indiana last night,,, woke to 2.5". I'm so disappointed.
Yeah!Only about 4" here.Forcast was 8-12".Thought I was going to get some action pics. of the snow thrower on the 314H but din't even mess with it.Used the B-112 and blade instead.
Nice looking B12! Those ags on the back and tri-ribs on the front look like it means business! Thanks for posting the pics.

Well we have 5-6 right now and its stopped. Last year I plowed and blew with a 7112H and a 712S. This year I blew the drive way with the 7119H with the 20hp and then got the new 1920 out with the power blade and ags. What a horse. A man can get spoiled with 20hp, power steering, hydro lift and front hydraulics. Fueling at the garage. in front of the 7119H

7119H resting

Plowed down to the barn

Resting in the barn B110 and 7112H

7117H amd 1920 I hope there's more coming

Mack: Those tires do look great on the b-112. Ambler: You are so right about getting spoiled, I know I am. Put a cab on it and you will never look back.