Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Big Snow in Jersey

Tom_Byrne

About eight inches so far. The wife took these while I was plowing. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/NJAbby/Tommy012205.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/NJAbby/Tommyback012205.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/NJAbby/tractor012205.jpg[/IMG] Figured I'd get a head start on it- they say it could go up to fifteen inches before it ends tomorrow morning.

Nice Tom, it started here about 3:00ish, by 12:00ish tomarow, there saying 20-25inches up here. Below is what we started with. God I love this new zoom digital camera:D:D:D [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/Img_0105.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/Img_0107.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/Img_0108.jpg[/img] I cain't wait too take some more pic's tomarow! The way the weather people are talking, I hope I can see the snow stick in the morning:o) Elon

Big? they are talking 18-24 tonight & another 15 tomorrow + another 3 Sun night. we're right on the Mass coast & winds will be 35-45 with poss gusts to 60! Last time we had on of the I had an 8' drift in my driveway & no snow on my brick patio 10' away! Had to get my neighbor with his bob cat, even my T12 & blowe could move this. Happy Winter!

Nice hat, Tom. Tractor is nice too. I was disappointed with 2 inches of snow that we got. Specially after I spent a cold day outside in the hut getting the blower mounted on the 716H.

Doesn't seem that long ago we were drinking beer in the hotel parking lot at GOTO in short sleeves, does it guys?8DIt's now 11:15 EST here, I have about a foot on the ground and it's still coming down. Gave both driveways another quick hit and I'll have to do the real good cleanup in the morning before work. BTW: Elon, did you ever get the dinner pic's developed from GOTO?

The snown started here in Hunterdon county in western NJ about 9:30 yesterday morning. I waited 'till 9 at night before I went out and took care of about 8 inches. Figured I'd do it in stages that the blower on the 6116 could handle. Thank heavens I put a cab on 2 years ago. The 30 mph wind and 5-10 degree tempearture made sure that the snow was really moving around. It looks like another 3-5 inches out there this morning with some small drifts. I can't even tell that I took care of the walkway last night.

This is what I woke up to this morning. It's supposed to keep snowing and blowing till this afternoon. We'll have to see what the total is then. So far we got a far cry from what they thought. Still with the drifs, it sould make for some dificult snow removal. [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/Img_0112.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/Img_0113.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/Img_0114.jpg[/img] Tom, I forgot about thouse pitures. I'm not sure if Melaine did get them put to disk. When she wakes up I'll have to ask her. I'll let you know. Elon

Well boys I think this may be the big one as fred sanford would say. Up here in metro boston we have snow condititions that i can't describe. fallen snow measuring over 20inches and drifts and windrows 2-3 times that!!!!!!! I will try to get pictures of this mess, this will be one to rember.

[img]/club2/attach/RayS/HPIM0510 Copy.jpg[/img] We got 10 inches of fresh snow here. Short of what the weather man predicted and made a fuss about.

Good luck to all of you on the east coast as heavy snow and wind can be dangerous. And as for all of you that kept saying send us some snow to play in, well, there you go! This storm only left about 6 inches here in western Michigan but we are at over 80" inches for the year and I'll try and send more out to you as I'm a little sick of it. Great Pictures guys.

In northen Vermont we didn't get enough to justify starting the tractors not even enough to justify taking the broom and sweeping it. just enough to say we got some.

Great pictures guys keep em coming!! Sounds like you guys in the Boston area are going to get lambasted. Have fun out there but be careful not to over do it in that cold. Some of us ain't as young as we used to be.