Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Finally a action shot

KSever

That's pretty tough. I wish we had some snow here. Just about a 1/4" of ice on everything. Not much I can do with a tractor in this stuff. Spent most of the day rounding up parts for a friends furnace. It conked out today but I got it going finally. Good news is the fire alarm didn't go off not once here from the ice. Lucky most just stayed in today. I tried to talk the wife into letting me bring in some tractor stuff by the fire to work on. lol, that didn't go over very well. How does the 314 handle getting around in the white stuff. Seems to me the added wheelbase would help it push and power through the stuff.

Kris, your AC looks very tough. What size rear tire do you have? They almost look like 6-12's. I was wondering how many people use that size on their large frame tractors. I know that they would "slice" through the snow and have more weight/square inch on the tire which I would think would be good. Just curious. Anyway, the cab looks super.

Nice looking tractor with cab. There sure are nice to use with the snow blower. I will getting my AC 919H with cab and snow blower out tomorrow to clean the driveways off.;):D [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url] Karl

quote:
Originally posted by Orange
Kris, your AC looks very tough. What size rear tire do you have? They almost look like 6-12's. I was wondering how many people use that size on their large frame tractors. I know that they would "slice" through the snow and have more weight/square inch on the tire which I would think would be good. Just curious. Anyway, the cab looks super.
Actually those are 6-12's on the rear with old lug studded tires that I got from a club member. The front tires are the snow hog tires that are used on walk-behind snowthrowers and work great. I haven't had any traction problems at all with these tires with the small area of traction these tires put down with the wheel weights. I wish I had a picture of the tractor in the deep snow because it had to be 12-14" in most areas and some drift areas had to be 18-20".

I had 6-12's on my old Wheelhorse plow tractor, with weights and chains. That poor old thing pushed way more than it was ever made for.Traction was never a problem!Two rear ends and several frame repairs were though.Sold it the same morning that I picked up the 7016.Wish I would of kept the tires and chains,could use them on the 6216..

quote:
Originally posted by comet66
Looking good Kris!! I agree about the cab, man I couldn't get along with out mine now.
I agree too...

Tough looking old A-C. I have a 310D with engine out of it. It will be my Dads snow tractor and I will use the B210. Nice job on driveway. Stay warm!!!!!8D

Hi Kris, Hope all is well with you and your wife! Hard to beleive last spring we were probably standing in that very spot in our shirt sleeves! We all sure enjoyed that get-together you and your wife had and hope you have it again. Did you ever sell your tractor on ebay? regards, DennyBehr@aol.com Master Chief (retired)

Yes Dennis it is hard to believe we were standing about in that same spot when it's been as cold as it was about two weeks ago. As for the picnic I'm sure we will have another, the wife and I had a great time (even the father-in-law Master Brat cooker). I did sell the Landlord just last Sunday on Ebay to another club (hdrhdr), I'm glad it went to another club member and I hope he will be as happy with it as I was. Kris