Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

blizzard

lndscpr

Just came back in the house and was surprised to see the power came back on. We are getting slammed here South of Boston. high winds and lots of snow. 2-3 feet forecast. Already lots on the ground and the storm is supposed to go until 6pm. so far well over a foot. probably closer to 2 feet already. No sign that the snow is letting up. i won't be using the 7114h and blade today. I have opted for the chevy with 8 foot fisher. i wish i had the blower on the b10. good thing i have that old craftsman snowblower still. Went through the 2-3 foot drifts easily. I will post some pics later.

here are some pics i took at about 7am. has since been snowing hard for almost 8 hours and may go on for 4 more. All the drifts in these pics have probably doubled in size and still growing. News said 6 foot drifts are possible. there is a natural drift in the front yard that may hit that mark. the wind cleared the front steps and side of the house and deposited much of it next to my vehicles.

i pulled the snoblower into the basement. this is what greeted me at 7am when i opened the door [img]/club2/attach/lndscpr/blizzard 009.jpg[/img] kids may have to wait until spring to use the play yard [img]/club2/attach/lndscpr/blizzard 012.jpg[/img]

Great pics. Weather channel said you guys may get as much as 40". Man you may have trouble getting the plow truck out of that stuff.

Wow! Boy am I glad we're not getting hammered like the area down around the Cape. Luckily, this storm stayed south far enough that it didn't turn into a Nor'easter, dumping all that snow on the backside. We're less than 100 miles away, and the sun was out by early afternoon, and skies are clear now... even though the forecast called for blizzard warnings until 6PM... Looks like we really lucked out on this one!

quote:
Originally posted by comet66
Great pics. Weather channel said you guys may get as much as 40". Man you may have trouble getting the plow truck out of that stuff.
I agree with John..You might not be able to get the plow truck to move,lol

That's a lot of snow to get at one time looks like it could be hours of fun if you had a blower and a Cab LOL As far as the plow truck those Chevy's will go through a lot of snow..

i had no trouble with the truck. Wind blew all the snow from under and i plowed in front every few hours. That snow drift did not go under the truck. We were fortunate that this was not the heavy stuff we typically get with a noreaster. In retospect this storm was not that bad here. It was an impressive mix of wind and snow though. We got somewhere between 24 and 30 inches. Other places got it worse than us. I don't know if i would say this was fun. A foot of snow is fun. This type of storm can be scary.

The wind and snow did some pretty strange things around my yard. Some of the pics were previously posted and lost. Some are newer. The drift is shaped like my wifes car.

The craftman snowblower went through this drift no problem. I need to get the b10 going and get a snowcab. I had ice hanging from my eyelids after this.

here is the craftsman blower. The jacobsen in the snowbank is going to the dump soon.

big natural drift looks like a wave.

wont be eating outdoors for awhile

here are some of the pics that were lost from the server

This is the first time the 7114h wouldn't be able to handle the job. The equipment tent stayed up but the front panel was ripped half way off.