Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

This stuff really blows... (pics fixed)

Kent

Not sure how much we got here in the hills west of Worcester -- probably about a foot, but the wind is blowing so hard and drifting so bad, you can't really tell. The good news was the snow was a very fine powder (reminds me of Utah) that the snowblower ate up and spit out... This is the kind of conditions that makes a cab worth every penney spent...

When the wind wasn't gusting, the snowblower still got a pretty good distance going. This was the first time I'd used the 42" snowblower that came with the 3112V I picked up this summer. Overall, I don't think the 42" driven by a 12HP will give quite the distance of a 36" driven by my 10HP Big Ten, but it still picks it up and puts it out of the way...

Notice all the small dead limbs this wind blew out the maple trees -- but none clogged the blower... heard it grind a few up though...

The closest I came to clogging was breaking through stuff the plow had pushed off the street. Bogged down the blower a few times, and I'd have to back up and let it clear -- never had to leave the cab to clear it though... ;) Notice the pulses from the impeller in the stream of snow.

Eli took this one as I had finished and was coming down the driveway, cleaning up the edge... I thought the pulsing of the single-stage snowblower was neat....

A few more pics of the new OEM cab I bought off eBay a few days ago -- it wasn't cheap, but since it was made to fit this tractor, I didn't balk over the price. It was missing one brace, though, that I had to rob off my old cab, to assemble it...

I just wish I'd found time to get the hydraulic lift put on this one, but now, with the cab on it, it'll have to wait until spring....

Kent Nice looking cab. New cab on a great looking tractor. I bet you injoyed blowing snow alot more with it. Now you need a hydro lift and electric spout rotator.

The tractor with cab sure is nice. Nice looking Simplicity tractor. You got more snow than we got,8" and up hard to tell with all the snow blowing around. I also cleaned the driveway and paths after lunch. [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url] Karl

Thats some good looking pics of a great looking tractor. With all the OEM stuff you've found for that 3112v, too bad you can't find anOEM hydro lift for it. Any chance you'll make this a hydro trans? Now that it's worked hard in the snow with the variable, how did it compare to a hydro trans?

Thanks, folks... I really like using this tractor, though it is a bit hard to start when it's cold... Dave, I have a hydrolift off a 3012V to put on -- just haven't found time. I ordered a new belt from Cal Neely, but haven't had time to pick it up. I need to get new hoses made for it, before I install it. I've been out of town on business about about every week except the one between Christmas - New Year's, and putting in LONG hours. I've been using my HB-216 with HD dozer blade, and was planning on putting the lift on this one, and my old hard-top cab from a 7000 series, but this weather forecast kinda changed things -- as it was, I came in from the barn at 8:30 last night, after installing and ops checking it.... I prefer the hydro over the variable, but it's still better than a standard gear for controlling the flow of snow. Only disadvantage it that it doesn't go quite slow enough when pushing through the stuff piled up by the snowplows -- I still have to ride the clutch a bit. On my Big Ten, I'll just put it 1st gear, Low Range and creep right on through... This was my first experience with the wide front tires in snow though -- they're pretty much useless. I much prefer the narrow tires with either ags or tri-ribs on them...

Great looking, hard working rig. That thing is really throwning the snow. Yep, when the wind is blowing those cabs are worth every penny.

quote:
Originally posted by comet66
Yep, when the wind is blowing those cabs are worth every penny.
The weather forecast was saying 30MPH, with gusts to 50 MPH... wouldn't have wanted to be out in that long, much less deal with the blowing snow! You can tell by my photographer's (Eli) complaints that it was cold out there. I think it got up to about 10 degrees but the sunshine made it feel warmer -- if you could stay out of the wind...

Very nice looking outfit.Really good pictures too.Added them to my sreensaver file. This is my first winter with Simplicity tractors and my first winter ever with a snowblower.They sure make the job a lot easier.And the cab,never want to move snow without it!

Kent: That tractor/blower sure does look familiar. Cab looks mighty cozy too. Sure nice to see it get some use. Had about 12 inches in Galesville so took me nearly an hour to blow out. Wouldn,t give my cab up for for anything. The 720 with ags all around had no problem getting around. Them 4.00/12 tri-ribs cut thru the snow like butter. Only problem I had was my photographer wouldn,t budge outside to do her part. StanD

Great pics Kent, And a great looking rig too8D We got about 8" here with bloeing and drifting, so I got to run the 3212-H with 42" blower most of the afternoon. Sorry no pics., My photographer wouldn't come out....LOL

quote:
Originally posted by StanD
Only problem I had was my photographer wouldn,t budge outside to do her part. StanD
Thats my problem too,lol Kent, That is one fine looking tractor & cab you have... I agree with the others..I wouldn't be without a cab on those windy days..

I was out in the wind taking pictures and after about 7 minutes or so, my hand was already numb while my dad was snug in his cab I was standing right outside him freezing.:D

Kent , Love that on your tractor. You blowing snow looks like a leap back in time looking at a pieace of literature.Those pictures are great .