Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Plowing in the COLD (pictures fixed)

Nick

Never go the snowblower hooked up, so I started plowing Saturday night not knowing how much we were going to get with the plow I bought from Kirk about a year ago. The tractor didn't want to start in this cold and had to be started with starting fluid. Choke froze so that had to be operated manually. Sure was cold here. about 3 degrees Saturday night. I see how Marty does it now. ;) These photos were taken late Saturday morning. We were having a heat wave with a balmy temperature of 16 degrees :p Except for the last photo which was taken this morning. And the temperature was -7 outside [:0] I didn't get done till about 5:00 because I did the guy across the street and the neighbors house. The front end wanted to slip and slide in the snow on the pavement, Especially when I had to turn around in the street. I think I need either new tires in the front, or weights or both.

Nice looking tractor Nick, it was cold around my place too. I didn't do any plowing this weekend eventhough I should have. I have the slippin' n' slidin' problem with my plow tractors too. Maybe we should try some of those tri-ribs????

quote:
Originally posted by MDB
Great pics Nick, That old LL is looking pretty good. Were you able to use the "new" throttle control?
Mike, Haven't hooked it up yet. Going to wait to spring to do that. We got the floor poured finnaly in the garage, and even though I know its safe to drive on with the tractor my parents don't think so. Will put some finished concrete pics up once I get a chance.

Yea, it definitely was cold! Looks like your Landlord did a great job 'tho. Did you have plenty of traction with the AG tires? My 712 with AGs was pretty useless, even with weights, in the snow.

Clyde, it was fine on the pavement with a little snow, but once it got in to the deep stuff it wanted to sit and spin. Also, when I needed to go off the driveway it wanted to spin on the dirt and grass. I guess I will be trying to talk to someone I know out of a pair of 15" chains that used to be for his old plow truck which he sold over 10 years ago.

Looks good! I'm a little surprised your AG's didn't perform well in the deeper snow. I took the 30 year old goodyear ag's off my Sears Suburban and put them on the B110 and it perfromed very well in snow, but it was only a couple inches deep. Is the steering wheel on your Landlord off a B110? I'm also curious if you ever got your B110 fixed up?