Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wintercab modify

vfd702

I can pick up a 5000 series Bradmoor hardtop wintercab for $100. Is it possible to modify the mounts to put it on a 7117 Sov.? Supposed to be in nice shape. Anyone done this? thanks ken

There has been a few different cab Modifications on here to make the cabs fit, Even from different brands, I'm thinking of adapting my 3400 cab to fit my B112... Alot of the cabs frames look the same except for 1 or 2 braces....

I think most any cab could be made to work on most anything...However I wouldn't modify a old highly sought after cab to ruin its value.. BTW is that cab for the older 5000 (IE 5008-5010) series or the newer style ones (IE 5116-5216)?? I have been keeping my eyes out for a Broadmoor series cab for the early ones..(707-717-727-728-738) The 5008-5010 would likly be the same too..

I have a full cab from a old sear suburban, I used it on both my 64LL and 3310v. I also made a walk behind cab fit on a Broadmoor. Tonight I'm going to take it off the Broadmoor and try to fit it on the 64LL. If you are handy with tools, you can make anything fit. Elon

Go get it, it should be easy to make fit and then you and your neighbor (Enos).... can go into the snow removal business.....;):D

Anything can be modified to fit, this cab was on a MTD before I got for $100. Just takes a little mounting bracket modification. Yes I did say MTD but the cab is much happier now that it's on a real tractor, see it smiling.

KSever I don't see your nice looking tractor smiling. It's actually frowning with no snow removal attachments hooked up:(.

I'm with kris I think we need to adopt more of thos other tractor thing and gave them a good home, where they will be happy and loved. Ken