Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

front blower wieght

ehertzfeld

I got this with the cab for the walk behind, I was going to list it on ebay, but then I started thinking.......if I mounted this to the top of the blower, would this help in steering? Im sure it would help with the blower riding up onto packed snow. I wonder if it would be worth trying. Any input?

Elon

I wouln't think it'd hurt for the purpose you mentioned. But would the lift have enough power to lift it and what would it do to the lift linkage with the extra weight bouncing up and down while it's up. Just something to think about.

Well right now I bearly feel the blower with no counter weight, so I wouldn't think more weight on the blower would matter....as far as lifting. Now the weight bouncing.......I didn't think about that! Hummmmmm gunna have to think about this Elon

The steering problem stems from the fact that the blower is out front of the tires and is being swung in an arc. The turning is happening behind the blower, there by swinging the blower sideways though the turn, instead of turning at the base/cutting edge of the blower. The sides of the blower actuall end up acting as a plow blade.

I think more weight on blower will not help steering. more weight on front of tractor helps. Ribbed or lugged tires make the most difference.

'The steering problem stems from the fact that the blower is out front of the tires and is being swung in an arc. The turning is happening behind the blower, there by swinging the blower sideways though the turn, instead of turning at the base/cutting edge of the blower. The sides of the blower actuall end up acting as a plow blade.' This problem mentioned by Leo, IMO is only resolveable by creating an articulating Simplicity tractor. My driveway has a lot of round corners on it so blading and blowing is a real pain. Such a creation is high on my 'dream to do' list.