Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Question about loader (thinking out loud)

dads707

Found a site with CAD plans [url]http://www.cadplans.com/loaders.htm[/url] They show a couple of plans for smaller tractors. Plan 507 is too small, 907 is a bit much (in their photo's under "Customers machines" they show the 907 mounted on what looks to be a Landlord or similar machine). A link from that site (metkitcorp) shows a complete kit for under 1,700.00 From the way it looks a man would have to fab supports for underneath the tractor. You men please check it out and tell me your opinions. Might have to start saving my pennies.

From what I saw, the model 907 looks the best. I don't like those one arm things. Although it does look a bit large

Yeah, the one arm was mounted on a Murray or something. It didn't interest me much, but the 907 is for 1,000 lb. machine. Don't think my Landlord will weigh that much. My thinking is to mount one on the 2110. I am going to write them and see how the pump mounts, if it will work with the front PTO..

here is what I think is a better way to go. http://www.loaderplans.com/ This is going to be a future prodject, I would love to try Elon

Im kinda interested in the spindle upgrades...any of you guys ever do that or something similar...I know the spindles on my 912 kinda scare me with the loader on it...

AC808, The spindles on the 912 should be plenty strong. The loader will lift the rear of the tractor off the ground long before it will bend the spindles, unless you have a massive amount of weight on the rear of the tractor. Biggest problem is the force required to steer the tractor with 300-400 pounds in the bucket. I've been looking at building a loader and decided that I am not going to worry about the front spindles unless I have a problem. Plenty are available if a problem comes up. From what I have seen most people rarely use the loader to its maximum capacity. General use is for lighter things that are just a lot easier to carry in the bucket of a loader than working your back so hard. I have decided that my personal usage would be more like a motorized wheel barrow than a high powered digging machine.

I like elons site better seems that they are more for the garden tractor. than the other site. But keep the info coming the more the better.One question,can these loaders be run off the hydfo trans. seems they would need an oil reserve large than what available in the hydro.

KVANDY12, You wouldn't want to try running a loader off the charge pump on a hydro tranny. Extra reserve oil is need for cooling and to allow foam to settle back into liquid. The charge pump can be used for a hydrolift, but that is a single, small cylinder compared to the three or four large cylinders used on a loader. Even the Kubota that a friend has with a hydrostatic tranny uses a separate pump for the front end loader and drawbar hydraulics.