Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

rear blower for A-C 620/720/Powermax??

Dtrain

Are there any rear PTO-run snowblowers or throwers that fit my 720 by attaching to the cat. 0 three pt. hitch? I would like to find one. Thanks.

Dave - I had posted a similar question (I have a 4040) a while ago (I searched but couldn't locate the responses). Basically what I learned was that most implements run at 540 rpm, your rear PTO is 2000 rpm, you would have to change to a cat 1 3-point, and they are fairly difficult to locate. My plan (I'm assuming yours also) was to use my exsisting blade on the front, and use the blower for weight and to move large piles/drifts at the end of the driveway or clean-up along the sides. Basically I decided that I need another tractor with a front blower. Hope this helps.

...a blade in front and a blower in back? hmmm... ...or a blower in front and a pushing blade in back? ... to break up the heavy wet snow left by the city plow at the end of the driveway? hmmm.... David

Thanks aleman77x. I figured it would be easier and faster to hook up a rear blower than the front one. I had an A-C 52" front single stage and it was so heavy I could not attach it by myself w/o getting a hernia. Three pt. would be three pins and a PTO shaft. I was hoping that some company had made one at one time that was 2000 rpm and cat. 0 like one can find in tillers from time to time. Perhaps my next option for those blocked driveways is a 60" rear blade. But I suppose that will be hard to find w/o altering them to cat 0 from cat. 1.

There are hydraulic driven Blowers for skid steers that could be reworked to fit on a front loader, and modify a hydraulic pump to mount on the rear PTO to power it. I'd been thinking about a 3pt blower for my 4x4 cub, but thught a hydro drive blower could be used on the cub's loader and on my Magnatrac.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Dtrain, I've been giving this some more thought, from the DIY / Monster garage side of my brain. I have a 720, so I'm fammiliar with the challenge. If I were in need of a rear blower for the 720, I'd start with a used 48" 2 stage gravely blower and rig it to fit the cat 0 3pt. I'd build a drive using a jackshaft mounted up high in line with the tractor's PTO, and use #50 chain and sprockets to get it down to the blower's input shaft. Benifit of chain is you can get whatever RPM you need by playing with sprockets. If the rotation ended up backwards, I'd reverse it by running a jackshaft and sprocket above the PTO centerline with the chain running from blower input to top shaft, and have the pto drive sprocket on the outside of the loop so the chain would be driven in the opposite direction. I have old Moto Mower tractors that have a single stage blower and the motor rotation is reversed by driving the auger off the outside of the chain as it returns around an idler. Hope that helps, if you have a fax # I could sketch it up and fax it over.

PTO Snowblowers? Try this link... [url]http://www.agdealer.com/list/index.cfm?newsearch=1&Make=0&Model=&Type=427&NewUsed=-1&FromPrice=&ToPrice=&money=1&area=0&keyword=&keyword=&btnSearch.x=84&btnSearch.y=2[/url] All types, sizes, and prices.