Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Blue Beast! Soon To Be Yellow!

brooksdr

Heres everything I got the other day! The B-12 runs good. I had to put a kohler coil on the top of the engine. The loader had a clogged filter I solved that and it works great. I am going to mount the pair if ags on the B-12 All the other tractors run but I havn't did much with them yet.

Don, I put a blank line between each of the pics, so they werent all lined up. Nice tractors all. The blue one on the truck, is that a David Bradley Suburban ??

Thanks for the pic help. Yes, I think it is a 1962 or 1963 DB suburban. If you look on the trailer I have the factory mowing deck, plows, cult., disc, tiller with tecu. motor, a scrap blade. The 1st JD is a 1967 110 with hydraulic lift I got a deck with it. The cub is a 1650 hydro w/hydraulic lift. The last one was a JD 70.

I got lucky and someone sold me their whole collection. I buy and sell tractors and parts. I find a lot of good deals.

That's not a bad colour on a tractor. I don't condone funny colour changes, but that looks pretty good. I do however prefer that B yellow. I've always thought they would look good in Persion Orange TOO.

That has to be one of the most intact and nicer big hauls I've seen in a while. Each tractor looks to be in incredible condition. Any idea how long the person collected them and if he/she restored them alone? You might want to fab up a weight box for that AC/Loader to really put it to work. You'll also notice a big difference once you get those wide ag tires on the rear. Thanks for posting, certainly my first time seeing a blue AC that wasn't in sad shape :o):p. I have to say that Sears catches my eye the most. Guess I've got the Sears bug these days...

I guess you would realy be surprised if I told you I have $1300.00 in every thing! NO BS! Well $1300.00 + gas and a 7 hour drive both ways. The loader is stronger than my ark I had on my D-180 wheeel horse. Someone changed the pump and must have put a better one on it. It is very strong and moves faster than the spec say it should. Well I am bumed I put the ag tires on it and slide a 200 pound forklift wheel&tire someone gave me the other day on the hitch. (I got it just for that purpose)I guess traction is good but too much is a bad thing I tore the rearend out of it a few hours ago. I was just pushing a little dirt. The rearend was slap wore out anyway. The loaders are hard on the little guys. I have a real nice rearend in a parts B-112 will that bolt right in if I take vari dive pully off it and put the fixed on on it? I have never had a B-12 or b-10 before. Just B110's and B-112s

Is the DB Suburban the same beast as the Sears Suburban? Can't tell from the pics. I have a SS10 that I was playing with today for the first time. I was surprised at the power; had no trouble pushing back the old crusty snowbanks at the end of the drive(making room for the nor'easter we are supposed to get tomorrow night). Too bad I'm finally using it and it has to go-too many toys and it's not compatible with the Simps and ACs

There is a Difference. The David Bradley was made by David Bradley. In fact, the rear end in the David Bradley tractor is the same as the one in the 2 wheel walk behinds. I think David Bradley made them for Sears from 59 to 64. not sure. But Sears dropped the DB name and sold them only as Suburbans for the last couple years. Then the Sears Suburban was made by Roper. Sears did require that most of the implements interchange though. A few do not. But it depends on the year. For example the front plow off an early 70's suburban will not fit a 59 DB but all the 3 point attachments will. The entire 3 point off the 59 DB will bolt onto existing holes in the Sears and Roper tractors right up into the 70's But the lift handle will hit the fender or seat before its all the way up. On the attachments that dont fit, the problem is usually frame width. Newer is wider I think. If it matters to anyone I can look. I have several attachments for Sears Suburbans, some for David Bradley and a blower for a Roper as well as tractors of all 3.

Nice tractors! I like the David Bradley too. After sears dropped the bradley name the tractors were changed a bit. Transmsissions were changed to an aluminum cased 3 speed w/Hi-Lo but it was still a tough transmission, except there were a few made with a sunstrand hyro called "Hydrotrac" and the engines went from some Briggs to mostly tecumseh HH100/HH120 which are pretty problematic.

Thanks I was just trying to say that the sears sub. replaced the DB sub. This is my first I am no expert. I know the round emblem on the hood says David Bradley sears and robuck co. and all the attachments I have say david bradley on the tag.

Right Chris, that too. The custom 6 and custom 7 were also tecumseh's but the custom 8E was a briggs. the 59 DB was a briggs, model 14, dont remember the other years. LOL Used to be a site called The david Bradley Home Page that gives lots of info on the DB and the suburbans.

quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
That's not a bad colour on a tractor. I don't condone funny colour changes, but that looks pretty good. I do however prefer that B yellow. I've always thought they would look good in Persion Orange TOO.
My buddy Dan Altvater has a Big Ten done that way Persion Orange with black wheels and grill.

quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
Thread title about gave me a heart attack![:0] Thought somone was repainting a Homelite yellow....:D
Easy Sam. Don is just going to correct the mistake that some Homelite guy made....;):D Nice looking haul you have there Don. Thanks for the pics.

You got that right. When people see it have to tell them what it is. I have had a lot of yellow bee's never a blue one.