Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My wife beat me...................

BLT

.............to this hobby. Only then she didn't know it.

The time is January 1962. I had met her in 1961. I got called to Ft Lewis, WA for the Berlin Crisis. She got to drive her uncles fairly new Simplicity. Look at the paint on the muffler and the shine on the hood. I now remember why she had to learn to drive and plow. It was to dig out her 'prized' possesion, her 1960 Plymouth Valiant. After she got that dug out, there was about 70' of driveway to do.

Very neat looking old picture.I like old pictures like this because they make you feel like you are back in time .

Neat ole pics! Cool that she was plowin' on an old (new) Simplicity back then. I like the rear tires on that tractor!

We know you kept the wife but what about the tractor? Is it still in the family? Stormy the cat is out of the bag how young:I you are:D:o)

I used to live in the country, then they built a housing developement around my farm. Why is it that now I'm the odd ball and every one else is trecking down the road on their green and yellow shiny things? Society doesnt appreciate history as much as vanity apparently.BUT IM NOT BUDGIN GAL DANG IT!!! I'll run my 30+ year old tractors against theirs untill they're sending em to the repair shop! Love the old pics AND the fact that THAT Simplicity is more than likely STILL out there!!!!!

These pictures are neat as to these types of tractors are my favorite. I was 8 at the time. Great job! Carol

Ronald Hribar
Bob did you go with a group from Clark County. Would you remember a 50 Ford Convertible?

quote:
Originally posted by Ronald Hribar
Bob did you go with a group from Clark County. Would you remember a 50 Ford Convertible?
I hung out with no one from Clark county. As far as the Ford, with or without a continental kit.

quote:
Originally posted by Ronald Hribar
with out continental kit, kind of a pea green color brown seats
A 1950 version of this with a fold-a-roof?

No I haven't.

Ronald Hribar
My brother in law was there with Red Arrow division picked up the 50 convertible there . He still has car, and lives in Watertown now.

sandyhillbill
I was in the USAF due for discharge Jan. 8, 1962 when JFK extended my tour of duty for an additional 12 months because of the Berlin Crisis. The extension was later lifted and I got out May 28, 1962. It all turned out for the best as my wife and I were blessed ?????????? with twin boys nov. 5, 1961. OH for the memories!!!!!!!!!!!