Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Where's Spring?

goatfarmer

Not in Northern Indiana,that's for sure! We've got 6-8" of the lake effect white stuff,and more still coming down.

The ol' 712 is getting a little finicky in her senior years.Doesn't want to start right away,wants to sputter,pop,and miss before she decides she's going to run. But once it starts,it doesn't let me down.;)

Spring is here in NC--they kept calling for snow, and the weatherman made a deal that if no snow came by 2/28 he'd jump in the TV station's fountain, well he did it last night. It was quite funny actually. But yes, they called for snow several times here and all of them turned out to be duds.

That snow looks pretty sticky? We hardly have any snow up here. Spo's we'll get dumped on before March is overB). -15 last night. The sun is getting power now so during the day when the wind blows it blows snow across the highways and it sticks so we have hardpack and ice to drive on. It all melted off the highway today being the wind wasn't blowing. Won't be long and our state bird "Mosquito" will be backB) MN has two seasons? Winter & Road Construction:o)

quote:
Originally posted by MN_FISH
Won't be long and our state bird "Mosquito" will be backB) MN has two seasons? Winter & Road Construction:o)
Wayne, Having grown up in Northern Minnesota, I'd have to say you are wrong with your seasons. We used to say that Minnesota had two seasons, Swat & Shovel. Others used to quote the two seasons as Winter & 12 weeks of bad sledding.

Hi Kenny, That lake effect sure is amazing isn`t it. I live 20 to 25 miles east of you and were lucky if we got 2 inches of snow here. I was hoping to use the blower one last time to do some more work on it but I think that I will put the blade back on now.

Wishin2BMowin
If anybody wants some snow just make your way up to my house in Ma. We've had over 80 inches of the stuff this winter (just got over a foot Monday night). My 1970 3212H with a 42 inch blower is working hard to keep ahead of it. This last snow was like blowing mashed potatoes! Real heavy wet snow. The blower got clogged a few times but it did the job. I'm ready for rain, fog, sun, anything but more snow!

quote:
Originally posted by stevenj
quote:
Originally posted by MN_FISH
Won't be long and our state bird "Mosquito" will be backB) MN has two seasons? Winter & Road Construction:o)
Wayne, Having grown up in Northern Minnesota, I'd have to say you are wrong with your seasons. We used to say that Minnesota had two seasons, Swat & Shovel. Others used to quote the two seasons as Winter & 12 weeks of bad sledding.
Though I only lived in Minnesota for four years, I thought the two seasons were "Bugs" and "Blizzards"...