Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

K341 Piston

georgia-boy

georgia-boy
Has anyone used an after market piston for a K341? I’m in need of a .020 over and have been told that they are non-Kohler made pistons out there, just as good, but less expensive. If you have any info about this would you please share your experience? Thanks Charles

Both Stens and Wiseco have a pretty good range of aftermarket pistons. Wiseco mught not be any more economical than Kohler, but they make a great piston.

maxtorman1234
Stens are good parts, I have a stens piston in my 12 and rings in other engines and they have been good. If youre lucky, you might see a piston and ring set on ebay cheap. I got Kohler piston and rings .010 over for $50

I talked to a lot of people who have installed these aftermarket Stens pistons I went with one in my 341. Mine miked right on the money and looked at least as good/better than the kohler OEM part-and a LOT cheaper. Unfortunately I have not got this engine completely back together (been out of town for a month) so I cant report how well it works. Ike

I can get them thru my distributor for about half of what kohler wants for them and I haven`t heard of any problems with them.

patrician12
I buy alot of stuff from Stens and is good quality.I'm sure nobody is making pistons,rings and rods in their basement.Kohler probably outsorces them too.

georgia-boy
Thanks for your replies to my piston problem. When I check with my local small engine repair shop they wanted $112 for a Kohler piston. When I ask about an after market piston I was told they only use Kohler internal engine parts. Now I need the name, phone number, email address of a business I can get a new piston from. Thanks Charles