Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC B-12 With Chrome Hood

Tacey

Right now there's an AC B-12 with chromed hood on ebay. Anyone ever see such a setup? Is it factory? Was it a special model? Tacey

That tractor is located near Milwaukee. I suspect some fellow simply put the hood thru the plating bath at work - I do not believe Simplicity ever did that. I wouldn't want it for a working tractor - it is hard enough squinting in the summer sun without the reflection from a chrome hood! Tom

quote:
Originally posted by Mack
I kinda like the looks of it.:D [img]/club2/attach/Mack/52_1_b.jpg[/img]
Looks classy to me...I would give it shed space....;):D

quote:
Originally posted by MDB
quote:
Originally posted by Mack
I kinda like the looks of it.:D
Looks classy to me...I would give it shed space....;):D
I might hafta bid on this 1. My biggest problem would be gittin it hauled from Milwaukee to Pittsburgh... ...That & payin for it...lol Tacey

I wonder if andy gartner know about this 1? His trips to Starbucks would be very fruitful if those chicks saw this ride... :p Tacey

Think of the suntan that would give you. I may be able to get the wife onto that tractor. Plus she could use the reflection for her makeup.

Elvis lives again. Watch out for Bo Diddley. Looks way major cool. Maybe John Travolta would trade his jet for it.

Im tryin to make a tractor that appeals to the younger generation that hangs out at Starbucks. I just can't quite figure out where to mount the 500 watt stereo system and the 12 inch speakers, and still keep the tractor looking original.

tractormike
Rod, Mount the 12 inch speakers in the rear wheels just like you would a set of weights! Then you could mount the stero on top of the rear mounted generator to keep up with the amp draw.

Rod, to be proper you would have to add a pick up truck style rear box with a tonneau cover. With the box being useless of course because it full of speakers and electrical equipment. ;) Maybe an original a/c dump trailer with vacuum collector sides to mount the speakers in would be acceptable too [:0]:D:D