Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B10/12 garden cart

wilm169

I just had one of these given to me,:D but the tail gate is missing.:( Can some one send picts of it so I know what to make or find?

Give this a shot...it might help. Gord http://www.simpletractors.com/attachments/dump_carts.htm

I looked at that before I posted not much to see there. Would like to see more of a close up.

quote:
Originally posted by wilm169
I just had one of these given to me,:D but the tail gate is missing.:( Can some one send picts of it so I know what to make or find?
[img]/club2/attach/dutch/tg-measure.jpg[/img]

Brent_Baumer
RayS told me once you can still buy these from Simplicity. Quite pricey though. Like $90???? Ray?

They are still available and around $95.00. Bought one from my dealer last spring. He told me that I was crazy that I could buy a new cheapo trailer for less than that.

Brent_Baumer
Ray, I won't debate whether or not you are crazy, but haven't seen any of the cheapo trailers that dump 180 degrees like these do. Pretty handy feature.

I'm not sure of the dimensions of my tailgate. I has some similarities to the one in the picture but I don't have the two pins on the bottom and have two hooks near the top on each side. I think my trailer is one of the older ones. The tongue is adjustable and straight and I have the footrests and brakes.

quote:
Originally posted by Agricola
I'm not sure of the dimensions of my tailgate. I has some similarities to the one in the picture but I don't have the two pins on the bottom and have two hooks near the top on each side. I think my trailer is one of the older ones. The tongue is adjustable and straight and I have the footrests and brakes.
Mine came with the 725 and has the curved tongue. The endgate has 1 pin left, originally 2, and has the two hooks at the top that slide into slots on the sides. http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/new_in_1962/dump_cart.htm With the straight tongue and footrests, it sounds like yours was built for a walker. http://www.simpletractors.com/walkers/dump_cart.htm

It might be a wards trailer they were a little different than the Simplicity. The foot pedal and the brake is for the walk behinds. I have a couple of the trailers from the walk behinds and they both use the one like the picture above.Bob

Quote "He told me that I was crazy that I could buy a new cheapo trailer for less than that." There's a reason why they are called 'cheapo trailers'. I wonder how many of them are going to be around 30,40 or more years from now! Gord

I also have a cart without a tail gate. Was going to have a very freindly sheet metal shop make one up. Just as easy to make more when they have the setup's. If anyone has any interest let me know and I can advise cost. Painting to Simplicity color will cost more, was just going to paint myself. Or can make from stainless steel??

quote:
Originally posted by RayS
They are still available and around $95.00. Bought one from my dealer last spring. He told me that I was crazy that I could buy a new cheapo trailer for less than that.
Wow, RayS, you made me feel a lot better about the used cart I bought off ebay last year. It is in really good condition, so I guess the $165 I coughed up wasn't all that bad...lol Tacey

Levi, I just checked with my Simplicity dealer and he said that it is still available. Simplicity number is 1668462 called a end gate assembly $90.83 . He told me that the old number 102003 is superceded by 1668462.