Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Load of Yard Apes saved...

vfd702

...from a fiery death. Last night our Fire Dept. was paged out for a semi/box trailer fully involved in fire. Upon arrival we did find a semi tractor really burning. We got the tractor out with the aid of foam. The trailer was opened by our memebers as we fought the tractor...smoke inside of it also. Inside we found about 40 MTD variants...all palleted,shrink wrapped enroute to Texas. 17.5 HP,42" cut with a FREE yard cart. We found out it was only heat at the front of the trailer melted some of the shrink wrap. So there you go.....more MTD's to the BIG BOX stores....saved of an early death,only to all be dead within a few short years anyway. Will try to get some pics scanned and post. ken

too bad they didnt get melted a lil you could have bought the whole lot for a salvage price :)

Part of our fire department motto refers to "not risking our lives for something that is already lost". So the question remains. What were you thinking :D:D;)? Now...if it had been a trailer full of Simplicities...and you had done what you'd done, that would of been more understandable:D:D;) I'm hoping that through it all....no one got hurt. Gord

snapper1650
Thanks alot Ken!...LOL That's all we needed down here, is more MTD's. I hope Maynard is right, and they get sold there...

quote:
Originally posted by snapper1650
Thanks alot Ken!...LOL That's all we needed down here, is more MTD's. I hope Maynard is right, and they get sold there...
[:0]B)[:0]Thanks Billy Jack.... We don't need anymore up here either;) But with scrap price at $120 per ton this could be an opportunity....;):D:D:D

snapper1650
quote:
Originally posted by MDB
But with scrap price at $120 per ton this could be an opportunity....;):D:D:D
Now there's a thought!...:D