Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

You guys inspired me

jjouelle

After dealing with different issues on my 64 landlord over the past years and with all the help everyone on this site has given me, I did what I could without alot of engine knowledge. Well that's all about to change because I just started a "Small Gas Engine" course at the local communitee college. We will compleately tear down and rebuild our own engines, along with all the theory that goes along with it. Hopefully this will give me the confidence to get more involved with restoring old tractors without paying someone else to do the engine work. Thanks john

Good for you John. Just because we don't know the answer, it doesn't mean we don't know how to find the answer. I think it's great you are takeing it serious enough to go on to the next level. Keep us informed on your progress. I think you'll find out that it's not as tough as you first thought.

I think it's great when you get to do things you want to do. Good luck in your adventure and do we have another "answer man" soon on the team of great guys with lots of info on a whole lot of stuff or that can direct you in the right direction? I'll take this time to thank all again. THANKS