Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

10hp Motor Value

J.R.

I have someone that has a cast iron 10hp motor he says runs good with no knocks or smoke.HE wants $300 shipped for this motor.Is this a reasonable price?Does anyone here have a 10-16hp to fit my B210 that runs ok for sale? Thanks for your input. J.R.

I have a 10 Hp 243431 that is mounted on my AC716H. It is the best running and most dependable engine I have ever owned. I have had it on two different tractors so far. $300 is probably not a bad price if it includes shipping. I recently bought a 16 Hp for $158 on ebay and the shipping would have been $78, but the seller lived within driving distance from my home so I drove to his place to pick it up. Depending on the shipping distance, a significant portion of the $300 could be shipping costs.

Sounds resonable. Still it'd be nice to go up in power for the money. But with the gen. that ain't to bad if it's in as good of shape as he represents.

Rod I almost bid on that motor you got, but I had bought a 16 HP about 3 month ago on E-bay so didn't think I needed another. But you bought it at a good price. I got mine for $289.oo shiped to my business. Bought a B/S 7 Hp for $79.00 and $15.00 shipping. I personaly think you could get a 16HP for the same money.

Ken, I'm not sure that the engine I bought is the one you are talking about. It was last summer, and the engine came from the eastern shore of MD almost to Delaware. It came off a 7116H. Good thing was that when I went to pick up the motor, the seller let me have the rest of the tractor (which was complete with a siezed up 48 inch mower) and a rear tiller for an additional $100. $258 for a complete 7116h with mower and a tiller that needs work. Now that was a good deal. Whole tractor does need to be re-done. Quite a bit of rust, needs tires and lots of TLC. Originally was going to replace the 10 Hp that is now on the 716H, but now I have another tractor project. Just don't know when to quit.