Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity/Massy Soverign's

Are the Massy versions identical, as in parts interchangeability? I have a dealer who wants to sell me one of the Massy's with a 20hp engine, ps and 48" deck. He says it is new and is asking $5300. Not sure that is really a great deal though.

Hi Yes they are identical except for the decals. At 5300 is this maybe a 50" deck? If it is it should list for about 6800.00, I would question how he can sell this for that and stay in business, I couldn't. Hope you don't go to jail for stealing. Good luck Al

I have a local Massey dealer that has a 2818H he wants to "unload" for $5500. He sells Case/Ingersol as his main line of garden machines and probably wants to clear the showroom. I believe he has had it for a couple of years. I'd grab it but my wife would send me packing... Rob

The Massey 2818 is indeed a Sovereign. If the Massey has a 20 hp engine the situation gets confusing. Simplicity produced both the Sunstar and now the Legacy in Massey colors. The confusing part is that both the 20 hp Sunstar and the 20 hp Legacy were called the Massey 2920! Prior to 1994 or 1995(I dont really know for sure when) the Massey garden tractors were made by Ingersoll.

The Simplicity Sovereign (7100 series), Agco Allis 900 series, and the Massey Ferguson 2800 series are all the same tractor. In fact they all share the same parts manual.