Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Bought a New Agco 2027 Diesel Today

AGCO918

Bought my new toy today a 2004 2027 Diesel with 5 ft deck and loader with 4x4.Dont have pictures yet but tractor is a one of a kind.The tractor was made for a Agco marketing manager and i bought it.If you look in the Legacy XL literature ,it shows the tractor with the 3Cy Briggs Diesel.Simplicity doesnt make the Diesel for the Agco dealers . My dealer ,Coldwater Implement in ohio took the tractor in on trade from the Agco marketing manager who lives down the road a few miles.I traded my Agco918 in this morning and brought the tractor home this afternoon.The tractor is Alsome to say the least with the 3 point and 540 Rear pto with the 4 ft loader and 5 ft mower deck with cruise control and is Serial # 1 . Will get some pictures as soon as i can. The tractor is great to say the least.

That's a real FIND. Serial #1 of a "one-off" should be worth plenty to some collector sometime in the future. I'm sure you'll take care of it as well as you have your other tractors.

Dutch, The tractor has cruise control on it.Never thought i would see a tractor have cruise control on it.Now i am going to buy some attachments for my new toy like a roller ,Rear work light , and a lawn sweeper plus a 25 gal sprayer .

Will you change your signin name now? Hope you have a long and happy relationship with that new beauty.

Certainly sounds like a very heavy duty tractor. Any plans on getting a heavy duty tiller for it? Or other ground breaking attachments? Plow, cultivator? I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Gord

Thats awsome. I don't know of anything any of us have that would qualify in the one off-serial # 1 catogory. Nice catch. Did you happen on it or did you know it was nearby and were just waiting for the right time to jump on it. Good luck with your new toy. I'm sure it will meet your exspectations. [img]http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/175303/fullsize/wwopics.gif[/img]

That is really cool!! #1 Only problem is.....now you won't need a back up or dedicated machine...this one will do everything reliably. For a very long time.

You will love the diesel engine. I have had one for a couple of years now and it has worked out just great. The tractor has more than enough power - it hardly breaks a sweat, so the engine should last a very long time. The best thing is that I have the "baddest" garden tractor in the area. That has to count for something!!! (My wife doesn't understand)

Hi Chad, I've been watching that tractor wishing I had a GOOD reason to need it. Did you get the box blade that was on it also. I think I know the history of that machine a little more. If it's the same tractor, a family down the road used it to move & level dirt around there new home then it disappeared. I knew his dad had ties to Simplicity but didn't know how. Definately looking forward to seing that rig at Greenville this year(hint). Sorry to see your 620 & 918 go. Someone will get a nice tractor or two though. Dan

Dan , Stuckey farms out of Staint Henry had the tractor.Tell me what you know? Todd Stuckey the ownwer works for Agco as a Marketing manager.I say the tractor up there a month ago and my wife Lisa,&I went up last the weekend before last and looked it over .We went back up the next day and measured it .The tractor comes out to 10 ft from the front of the loader to the back hitch.I thought about bring it to greenville ,but dont know how people feel about a new tractor.I heard it on the Agco918 a few yrs ago so i dont know what to do.It is the only tractor made with the diesel in it so i have a show tractor. I love the tractor.Took off the loader tonight to get some pictures for all of you.Dont know how to load them on here.

Found out today that i have a weight box that comes with the tractor & that the tractor was owned by Agco not by the marketing manager.They tried the tractor out for Agco to try to fit it into their line of compact tractors my Dealer told me a little bit ago.I have a one of a kind to say the least.

How about some more pics of the rear hitch setup. Does it have the rear pto? and if so witch one? The 540 or the 2000 rpm. Great looking tractor. I hope you have many hrs of work and fun with it.

Chad, I pretty much already told you what I know about it. Maybe it wasn't the same one but it was an identical twin. Not sure about the engine though. The guys name was Mark Speelman. Dan

Dave , The tractor has 540 Pto. Dan, The tractor was used by Todd Stuckey,Agco Marketing Manager.Must be a differiant tractor.

Nice tractor. That'll last you forever! I believe the Simplicity versions are still available in a diesel version. My local dealer told me he sold a few of them since they have been out.

http://www.agcolawn.com/2027series.html The diesel is not offerd. It is unlikely that more than one of them have #1 serial number. Exceptional find, one in a million. Im sure you will enjoy it.