Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Some of my fleet

arnoldir

Finally getting around to resizing and posting these. Not included are the 2 gravely riders, 3 Simp/Wards Walkers, 5 Moto-Mowers, Cub 122, Simp 725, Simp 6216. Yes, I have a problem. I'm a tractorhaulic.

Nice equipment! Do you use that 75th Sovereign? Looks like you've got one of the heavier new Cubs too. Is it comparable to the powermax?

tractormike
Very nice bunch of equipment you have. I'd sure like to have that crawler to play with for a week or 2 !

Hey guys, Thanks for the compliments, yes I am very gratefull for what I've been able to bring home. I consider the new machines and trailer as an investment in my future. They should add years to my life by saving wear and tear, and if my Engineering job goes to India I'll be in buisness as soon as the paperwork and insurance is in place. To answer your questions: 75th Soverign was bought last year as new with warranty for $4500 which I thought was pretty good. It's my grass mower. Cub Cadet 7254 25Hp Gas Kawasaki twin liquid cooled, 20Hp 540 Rpm PTO Cat 1 3pt, 4x4 with locking rear diff, 2 speed hydro with foot control, power steering, Single stick loader control on right fender right next to 3pt height lever. Made in USA this machine Rocks!! 720 is a fun machine and I love it, but it's now retired from my fleet and is on loan to a friend untill whenever. Magnatrac 6000, 28Hp Lombardini twin air cooled Diesel, all hydro drive, lifts about 1100lbs on the loader and the backhoe digs an honest 8 1/2 feet. as maneuverable as a mini excavator but much more usefull. The trailer is a 6x14 Brimar dump with 10' of toolbox down each side and the ramp is rated for a 7500lb skid steer, Electro-Hydraulic brake master and drums can lock all 4 at 30 Mph when empty (4600lb) with 8 amps from the controller. Ultimately I hope to buy a peice of land upstate, and that trailer is going to see some serious miles hauling machines and supplies.

Nice fleet indeed. Hey If you ever do buy that land upstate please be sure to get off exit 17 on the thruway head 2 miles on interstate 84 and get off exit 10, head another 3 miles to my house, your more then welcome to come play here.

maxtorman1234
quote:
Originally posted by Nick
Nice fleet indeed. Hey If you ever do buy that land upstate please be sure to get off exit 17 on the thruway head 2 miles on interstate 84 and get off exit 10, head another 3 miles to my house, your more then welcome to come play here.
Ya, youre more than welcome to leave them here:D. looks like you have some very nice machines there. I;d love to find a 620 some time.

Since no-one else has offered, please consider this my cordial invitation for you to buy land down in Western MA right next door to me. I promise to take action pictures for you and post them (while we put that nice little struck to work) That's a dream fleet for me, the Lombardi is the creme'de'la creme of strucks too. Thanks for posting.

Hey Eric, Thanks for the offer. How is acess to snowmobile trails, and how much snow do you have right now ? The biggest chore I've done with the struck was a 6'deep trench, 24" bucket width by 60 foot for a new water service on my house. It took three evenings after work. I bought this machine first then the 720 for loader work cause the struck is so slow. The 720 was faster but needed 3 hands if you wanted to work it hard, you have to hold the steering wheel with your knee to run the loader valves and Hydro lever at the same time. The Cub shows 100 hours, and 75 of it is on the loader. It has moved at least 150 yards of dirt and at least 100 of snow just working around the yard or on loan to a friend. The operating position and controls are light years ahead of the 720, so the machine and bucket are always moving. The key to justifying these "toys" was how much they could save us while renovating our current house and any future property. When I'm finished with the current house, I expect to have made back the cost of the Cub at a minimum. Properly maintained either machine should have a service life of 30+ years to make up the rest of it.