Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sprayer mounting

bigdog46

I remember a few months back that someone had posted a sprayer mount that they had fabricated to mount on the rear of a Simplicity tractor but I cannot locate it as the Search Forum feature will not work for me. Anyone remember it? Thanks. Gary

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but there are a couple in the DIY section on the front page of the site. http://www.simpletractors.com/do_it/cart_sprayer.htm http://www.simpletractors.com/do_it/sprayer.htm

The second website is the one that I was trying to find. Thanks for your help. I am a relatively new member and I really appreciate the help that I have received from other club members. This is a great site.

Here's a mounted sprayer I made for my tractor. I live on a roling hill meaning mostly sloped one way or another but we also have a little flat land too. I built this sprayer with that in mind.With a horizontal tank it needs more liquid in it to keep the pickup tube submerged so I made mine a vertical tank. I also use it for spraying weed & feed on the lawn & for spraying ground clear or total vegitation killer on the gravel driveway so I made it so I can easily change tanks from one to the other without needing to waste the remaining mixture in the tank. The boom simply folds up and out of the way. These tanks are 15 gallons and work great. All i need to do to change the type of spray is rinse the tubes and pump(put the hose in a clean bucket of water), change the tank and I'm good to go! I also have the wand with 20 feet of hose for spraying along fence rows and fruit trees. I am concidering adding booms with one extra nozzle on each side for qiucker lawn coverage. This is what works for me.

quote:
Originally posted by bigdog46
The second website is the one that I was trying to find. Thanks for your help. I am a relatively new member and I really appreciate the help that I have received from other club members. This is a great site.
Welcome to the club! Glad I was able to help on this one. There are a lot of members willing to help here. I consider myself somewhat of a newbie, just under a year, but have found this site to be the most valuable find on the internet. I see you are from Bedford. I have a cousin that lives in your neck of the woods, down by Corydon. He used to the the county agent there. Again .. welcome to the club and enjoy your stay!

Here is our 3-point sprayer on the 9020. It's 10' wide with a wand , 25 gal plus foam markers. I have two sets of nozzles for it for different spraying applications. I have it calibrated with pressure and MPH to get the right GPA. I use GPS for the mph to get the right amount of spray. I couldn't find the pictures of the the bracket that hooks to the drawbar to keep it level being its hooked to the 3-point when the mowerdeck is lowered. You can see part of it under the tank. It folds up to the width of the tractor. [IMG]http://img179.exs.cx/img179/9789/fls72zc.jpg[/IMG]

Wayne ,Nice looking sprayer ,you have there.Looks like you could spray 28 on sweetcorn with that unit.

Wayne, Do you have any other pictures of you culivator you could post.I would like to make one or buy one like that for my AGCO 2027 to play around with at my mother in laws farm.

I started making these 4 years ago to manufacture them & sell them. I named them Fishavators. Other priorities took me away :(from pursuing them. There are two frame sizes. 3’ and 4’. The one we use is the 4’ frame with extensions to make it 6’ wide. It has 12 shanks to make it 6” spacing on the shanks. With the 4’ frame you can have 8” or 6” spacing. On the 3’ frame the spacing is 7”. You can get different shovels for it from spikes to sweeps. Two bar harrow with 3” spacing. The harrow lifts up if you don’t want to use it. The main frame is 2”X2”X1/4” square tubing. The frame work is heavy so you don’t get a spring bounce from the s-tine shanks. It has a self leveling hitch so it stays level all the time either in the ground or out. That took some :(time for me to figure out. The picture is with the 12 volt hydraulic pump so you can use it with an ATV or older farm tractor without hydraulics or batteries or behind a pickup. You can really get the dirt flying behind a pickup:D! We pulled the 6’ behind a John Deere B until we got the 9020 PowerMax with hydraulics and now it’s hooked to the front hydraulics on it. 8” stroke cylinder on this one. You can have tractor hydraulics or 12 volt hydraulic pump or a simple screw jack to lift and lower it. AGCO918 now the bad part if your AGCO 2027 is like our 2004 Legacy XL 4-wheel drive 27 HP Kawasaki withB) out a 2 speed rear-end it will stall out the hydro before the Fishavator was all the way in the ground. I tried the XL first pulling it and it stalled :(!out. I unhooked it leaving the depth where it was set and hooked up the 9020 and took off in 2nd gear and put it all the way in the ground with plenty of power^ & no tire slippage^. I would recommend the 8” spacing for it or go to a 5’ with 6” spacing. [IMG]http://img97.exs.cx/img97/7819/batteryopculivator4fa.jpg[/IMG] I didn’t finish painting ours as you can see. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/MN_FISH/Fishavatorcloseup.JPG[/img]