Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

LF - Allis Chalmers 616 Parts

johnkennedy

johnkennedy
Hi I am looking for a perticular part for an Allis Chalmers 616 tractor. I need the male shaft for the PTO. This is the only tractor I have ever seen that has the female end on the tractor. Where can I purchase this shaft or adapter? Any help is appreciated. Please email alicekennedy@cogeco.ca I am also looking for a Blade for the 616, any help in locating one of these is appreciated also. I am located in Ontario Canada, but I'm willing to pay for shipping to get what I need. Thanks.

John, welcome to the club. I'm sure you will find plenty of info on your tractor here once you've had some time to wonder around the sight for awhile. There are many pages of info on your 616 and several of us who are familiar with it. The rear pto on your 616 is a 2000 rpm speed. So don't try to adapt it to anything 540rpm. It may disintegrate whatever you hook up too it by qaudrupling the inteneded speed. However, There were several attachments made for these tractors and a front mount snowblower is availiable. Most rear attacnments that were made for these units had the pto shaft that fit the rear of the tractor correctly. This will help identify what implaments will fit. There are several club members who deal with used attachments and parts sources for these size tractors. They can be invaluable.

Neapco still lists the male 1 inch 15 spline end, part #10-0615. Just have to find a neapco dealer that can get you one.

johnkennedy
Thank you for the info on the RPM speed of the PTO. Do you know who I can contact to purchase a front mount snowblower. I'd rather get a rear snowblower if its availiable that runs at 2000rpm with the proper pto shaft for this 616 Tractor. Thanks.

Call Bill at Sandy Lake Imp who advertises on this site. He stocks them and can also make them forany custom operation. I got one from him a couple years ago for a tiller on a 620. The tiller was short a couple items, including the PTO. He had me going in about 3 days.

powermax_paul
Some cat 0 and even cat 1 540rpm implements could be modified to run at 2000 rpm. Many have a pulley and belt at the implement end of the pto line shaft. Changing the implement drive pulley to 540/2000 diameter would make the machine run at the appropriate speed. You would also have to change the implement shaft end to a 1" male spline. Paul

welcome to the club, I have a 616 also and have bought a lot of attachments from club member JP, If he don't have it, he can usually get it.