Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Foot Dragger addiction, B12

Chris727

I think I've really got it bad. Did some rubbernecking when I saw this one several weeks ago. Saw it out in a guys yard and left a note for him asking if he'd sell it. Called me later that evening and said he'd take $180 for it. It turns out this was a tractor I had been looking for. One time my neighbor saw me with my B-110 and said his dad had one something like it but he didn't know what happened to it, he later gave me a nice AC 810GT that was at his Dad's house but we didn't find the yellow tractor. Figured it was long gone. His dad was a mechanic at the AC dealer for years. Turns out the guy who had this tractor is my neighbors brother and this was his Dad's tractor. Said that many years ago they had the plow and disc but didn't know what happened to them. Picked it up Wednesday. They said it wouldn't get any spark. Turned out the points were gapped at 60 thousandths and the ignition switch was bad. After a new switch I had a running tractor this afternoon. Seems to run and drive ok so far. BGB is a kind of worn but not worse than my B110. Still has two of the original hood bolts as well.

This one still has the dealership sticker from the old AC dealer8D

Anyone have a picture of the original seat cushion? Thanks. Chris

Nice tractor. Look around the site. I think someone named Mary can redo the seat and make it look brand new. Good luck, John H

That deck is in nice shape. I see it even came with ag's and a chrome air cleaner. How many tractors are you up to now?

Excellent score, great deal. Check with Sandy Lake Implement, they have the seat cushions in stock for the B-12 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4150&item=6505342742

Thanks but I didn't think Mary made seats for the B12. I did get my B110 seat from her and its great. I think I have someone who'll reupholster it pretty reasonable, far less than the cost of Sandy Lakes seat. Looks much simpler than the seats on the B10's. Looks like its all one color without all those pleats. Nick, to answer your question I think I'm up to around 40 now but thats including probably 20 parts machines and junkers (about half Sears.) I'm going to try to cut back and only keep one Sears Suburban, because its a hydro with a 14hp CI briggs. Having a hard time selling the sears stuff. These are my AC's for keeps: B110, B12, 710, Homesteader8. I also have another B110 with a blown motor, an early B10 that needs piston, rod and the crank turned, and a 416H w/o motor. Not sure what to do with those 3. The 810GT will be sold this spring. My Simplicitys I'm keeping: 727, 3410, 7013S, and 17GTH-L.

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM1958
I lost my LUCK has anyone seen it??? [:0]:D8D
I think it went out with bellbottoms,but they did come back, so I am sure your luck will too. :D
quote:
Originally posted by Chris727
Nick, to answer your question I think I'm up to around 40 now but thats including probably 20 parts machines and junkers (about half Sears.) I'm going to try to cut back and only keep one Sears Suburban, because its a hydro with a 14hp CI briggs. Having a hard time selling the sears stuff. These are my AC's for keeps: B110, B12, 710, Homesteader8. I also have another B110 with a blown motor, an early B10 that needs piston, rod and the crank turned, and a 416H w/o motor. Not sure what to do with those 3. The 810GT will be sold this spring. My Simplicitys I'm keeping: 727, 3410, 7013S, and 17GTH-L.
WOW! If I had that many I think I would be in trouble. Problem here is lack of space.