Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Brent_Baumer

Foot dragger rear lift question

Brent_Baumer
Admittedly I'm not much a foot dragger fan. If I were I'd probably know this. I have had a 700, 725, 101, HB-112 and B112 that I can remember in and out of here though. Maybe more. All of these machines had rear lifts. All of the Foot-draggers I've ever seen it seems had rear lifts. Whereas very few of the 20+ running board tractors I own or have owned had rear lifts on them. Question - Did all FDT's come standard with rear lifts? Quite sure RBT's did not, but figure foot draggers must have. Anyone know for sure? Thanks, Brent

D-17_Dave
I'm not sure of this statement. But I think all the FDT's did come with them. I think I remember in the sales lit. that was a standard thing in the listing. As for cost, it was probably cut out when they split the attachments for sales between the homeowner who just wants to mow and anyone else who wanted more than just a deck. Besides, them running bourds cost so much, they had to drop something to compensate.lol

BLT
quote:
Originally posted by Brent_Baumer Question - Did all FDT's come standard with rear lifts? Quite sure RBT's did not, but figure foot draggers must have. Anyone know for sure? Thanks, Brent
Brent, it appears to be a yes and no answer. Go here: http://www.simpletractors.com/models/b-series_prices.htm In 1967 I would judge that it came standard. In 1968 price list states that if you purchase obvious attachments you need the rear hitch. I have to assume Simplicity did the same thing. When I bought my 7010 15 years ago, it had an electic lift and the cable for a rear lift. It was one of those things in the back of my mind that I needed. I bought one at a rummage sale a few years ago and now don't need it. My 3112 has a hyd lift and right now my only two attachments are the tiller and turn plow. My 7116 also has one. I finally got my ag tires last fall and later this spring I might use the 7116 to do some small field plowing.

BLT
quote:
Originally posted by Nick
I was surprised to see the rear hitches go for so much on eBay considering they were pretty much a standard item.
I have a spare one here. I am going to let my daughter peddle it off. She is the E-bay nut.

Mack
It seems that all the A/C B series,300/400 tractors have a rear lift as standard equipment.The 700 series that uses a cable instead of a solid rod for rear lift seems to be the line between standard & option.So 1975?

rokon2813
From what I've seen, the foot draggers almost all seem to either have rear lift, or did have at one time. It seems to me, the newer the tractor, the less chance of finding options on them for ground engaging attachments. IE rear lifts, optional pulleys for tillers, brinley hitches, etc. My guess for the reasons would be this. As time progresses, less and less people do the kinds of things that require these parts. (other than us of course;)) Back in the 60's and 70's (I'm told), nearly everyone planted a garden for instance. Nowdays, a lot less people do, and many of those that do either have their specific machines (troybuilts for ex), and quite a few others just hire the work out. There are a lot of people around here who hire someone to come in and till the garden up in the spring and thats it. Other than specialized groups, like us, the cub guys, or the JD guys, how often does anyone actually see someone out "cultivating" the garden, dethatching a lawn, revitalizing, mowing with a sickle bar on a garden tractor, or doing any of the activities of the older generations ?[:0] Just my opinion of todays "lazy" society. ;) For the most part, its "easier" to pay someone else, or just don't bother. Thats okay though, the folks here are the type that "get paid" 8D8D