Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mn snow blowing??

MPH

So who's out playing in the 20 inches of snow I just heard southern Mn got? Looks to be heading for you Kris.

It might head this way unfortunetly. Temps have been nice about 45 all week during the day. The weeping willows are starting to bud, and the irises are starting to poke through the ground.

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
So who's out playing in the 20 inches of snow I just heard southern Mn got? Looks to be heading for you Kris.
Marty if you are taking about Ksever, I think he's now south of the snow belt and might be ripe for a T'storm later. He is about 100 mi W/NW of me and the moisture belt right now is above freezing. Milwaukee last night we got about six inches of the fluffy stuff. The roads are fine but the green grass or the start of it went white again.

Just came in from sno-blowing (9pm). We live in Western WI. We did not have 20" yet but I was blowing about 12". The biggest snow fall in many years. This year has been a very poor snow year. I have plowed the driveway with the HB212 a few times this year , but this is the first time this year that I used the snowblower (917). I think the deep stuff just missed us to the south.

Don't know Wisconson too well Bob, only been there once, place called Oshash or something like that, back in girl chasin' days. Wenever I get me a good road trip going again I'll study some maps to find some of you guys. As for the snow, you all can keep it, what I have now will be 5-6 weeks in melting.

Well here near GreenBay just nort of oshash Ha Ha (Oshkosh) when I left work at 11:00 it just started to snow at this rate we might have all of 1 inch by mourning.That would be plenty for me.Bob

We got the 6 inches yestreday, did not get equipment out, 15 minutes with shovel. This morning (SAT) it is starting to snow, however it is quite warm. 36 degrees. I spread salt. We are supposed to get snow mixed with rain or freezing drizzlw. They have weather alert out. I would rather that they harp about the weather than the shootings we had here last Sat. Sister of shooter works at our plant. Two suspensions ,one permanent which were related to the shooting in our plant. Complete lockout up of doors, the plant runs 24/7.

Well, I got the 12-14 inches, didn,t get all hte way in my drive last night & it was still snowing. Looks like it is done know so give it a whirl before long.

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Don't know Wisconson too well Bob, only been there once, place called Oshash or something like that, back in girl chasin' days. Wenever I get me a good road trip going again I'll study some maps to find some of you guys. As for the snow, you all can keep it, what I have now will be 5-6 weeks in melting.
Marty that is Oshkosh, a university city amoung other things. Just took this out of the developer. Was supposed to be rain when I posted last night. This is the best place to get weather data, also covers Alaska. http://www.crh.noaa.gov/mkx/

Oshhosh, a university town, thnaks Bob, seems it was meeting someone on spring break on the beaches of SC that made a young GI go there. One of many half across the country trips I used to do.

Mother Nature went easy on us here, only about 8-9"(South edge of Twin Cities). But down around Rochester, Albert Lea, I heard of up to 20", I don't need the practice that bad. 918 w/blower made short work of the heavy stuff, will clean up the rest with Big Ten w/blade. Semi jacknifed , closed both lanes just before bridge going into Hastings late yesterday afternoon, that drew all the impatient drivers in the 7 county area close to home.

Well I ended up in the middle of it, totally unprepared. I had planned on doing a lot of moving this weekend as it was my weekend off from work. Wasn't able to move anything on Friday and ended up clearing snow today, didn't get much moved today either. Hope to get more moved tomorrow. Prior to the storm all the snow was gone except on the north sides of buildings were the sun don't shine. Ended up using a small Toro push blower ( I know wrong brand, but at least it's red.) Here's a couple of pictures. My truck at my current place.

Here's my new place I'm trying to get moved to.

Here's a link to more pictures. [url]http://newhomemn.tripod.com/mar1805snow/[/url]

I just got home from snowmobiling at a friends house near Owatonna, MN. They had 21" of snow there. In North IA. 60 miles south we had about 3-4", not worth putting the blower back on. Mark

Nothing up here^ The wife and I went to Osseo MN on Sat. about 230 miles south of us. I think Osseo is about 10 miles west of the 494 & 694 split northwest of the cities and there wasn't any snow there. Some of the vehicles heading north had a lot of snow on them. Some Semi trucks must have driven in lots of snow the way they looked. We ate at a place in Albertville MN just northwest of Osseo and the waitress said the snow started about 15 miles south of there. Sounds like My tip to StanD & Rockford Il. & East Dubuque on Tuesday & Wednesday and Osseo on Sat were well:D planned or just plain lucky? We went to a furniture auction and there wasn't anything there the wife wanted or liked^ so we didn't have to stay there for long. Stopped at Northern Tool in Rogers and picked up a couple items and forgot B) to get a 3-point cat o drawbar for the 9020 to hookup the new toy at home. The only positive thing about the trip was good driving weather and we found a good place to eat if we get down there again. Mid +30's today^