Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Kent

Behavior and opinions in the clubhouse. . .

Kent
I've just deleted a whole thread because of the tone it included, the direction it was going, and the foul language that it included. If you didn't catch it, good! If you saw it, and are wondering what happened -- I'd like to remind you of two points: a) Stated throughout this site is this simple principle: "We expect people who use this site to treat others the same way that they would like to be treated." b) Clearly stated in the Privacy & Policy statement is: "Flaming or abusive language will not be tolerated." Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and everyone has the basic freedom and right to express that opinion -- as long as it is not slanderous of another.... Clearly stated: Your freedom is limited only by the freedom of others.... There's a whole bunch of lawyers who make their living on "slander and libel" cases.... I do not want to be a lawyer, nor play "judge and jury" to decide what is slander and what is not on this site.... However, some of the previous thread included clearly abusive language. Much of it violated the principle of "treat others the way you'd like to be treated...." I'd like to commend some people who replied to that thread for the graciousness, dignity, understanding and self control that you showed, however I felt it best to "delete all traces," including your replies. To those who raise such a strong dissenting voice, I'll restate that you certainly have the right to your opinion -- but please be considerate of the feelings, opinions, and rights of others -- and treat them with the same dignity and respect that you would like to receive from them. You do NOT have the right to treat others however you would like . . . . Kent

AGCO918
i am considerate of others but one ? for everyone where is this club going anyway? i love this website but people dont get to involved on here it is a shame to me .people dont help their neighbors like they used to.we could have shows and do other things but not to many want to make a differance to make the club better.i am a firm believer in treating others the way i want to be treated and it was wrong for the language used by some members of the club but dont get all mad when people tell the truth to somethings that could be done better and when new ideas come about.we all are adults and we all have our oppions wheather people want to take changes for the better and take new ideas and make things better for the best interest of all of this club.i hope some day we can have shows and do more for the club even when i expect others to do more .i can only do what i can do and it is up to all of you to join in and help when asked or when help is needed.you can make this club what you want to make of it and it is sad that people cant take oppions of others and not blow their top like some of you have done.another thing i thought a club did more than just talk ? we could do more than just ask to buy or sell things but until more help we will be where we are and where we have been which is great if you want to stay that way but this club could have more involvement out of its volunteer membership for having over 1000 plus people.it is nice to talk but nice also to show more thank yous to the founder of the club who works his self to death to make this site the best it is for all of us.hope the day comes when the membership wants more than what we are doing now and when you can tell how you fill without people blowing their tops because they dont like or agree with what you have to say.that is why we live in the great usa not old russia.have a good evening everyone.and make the club what you want it to be and always treat each other the way you want to be treated and dont get mad at us younger generation who do and not just talk and who havd great ideas to share with the world.we do have great ideas even though we do go to far at times and even though we need the guidance of you older people who are set in your ways and who dont want to accept changes from us younger people.

Ishmael2k
Kent, I apologize if I went overboard in any of my responses. I cannot understand the use of profanity and unfortunately I let it get under my skin. It will not happen again. Rob

Al
Kent, I'm with you. Members should be able to have discussions to discuss different viewpoints without foul language and flaming. I think you have been extremely patient but there comes a point in time when something has to be done. Take the actions you deem necessary. I think most club members (99.9%) will support you. Thanks, Roy

JeffNemes
Hi to all, I had been gone for about 10 days and when I checked out the board I must say that I was somewhat surprised to say the least. But as a club with so many members I personally feel from time to time we are going to need someone to clean up after us. Its so easy to type on this keyboard and mean one thing and have it meant another to others. I am in no-way stating that this is what happened "but" it seems that its alot harder to communicate by way of a keyboard. Its a shame that things happen the way they do "but" in another way if dealed with properly alot of good can come out of it also. I feel its called understanding one another and trying not to take some things all that serious. Someone might be having a bad day with their concentration "such as I have quite abit of" or who knows what is going on with 1000 or so members. Some times I feel its just best to leave some things that are printed unchalleged. Thanks Kent for getting your broom out and cleaning up something that just happened and hopefully it won't again anytime soon. Hey wasn't there a full moon out last night? I am in no way making light of any problem "but" I have and still am learning that it takes all kinds of people to make us our club the #1 that it is. Just my opinion and we all sure have them "don't we"? Again Thanks Kent and best to all ya members out there, >>->happyjack<-<<

BradW
Everybody I am very sorry for what I said last night, I had a bad day and it makes me upset when someone asked a simple question (not to be repeated)about what is going to happen in the club, and then people bad mouth him. The person you people were saying those mean things to was just wrong, I stood up for him because he is a great person people please don't get mad over a question, I know he wasn't trying to offend anyone but you have to see where I get upset is where the new president hurt my feelings as making it sound like I was like nobody in the club and I was already mad so I spoke my mind I was very offended by what he said to me and it made me upset so i thought that would set his attitude straight. To make the story short I am very,very,very sorry to the people I offended. -BradW