Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Need help ID-ing some attachments

Brent_Baumer

Hi all. Picked up a B-10 today along with several Sim and AC attachments plus a few that don't really look like AC's to me but they just might be. The plows and cultivator do not look like any of the brinly original implements I have seen before and do not require a sleeve hitch. The hitches on these do however pin to the back of these Sim/AC's (6 1/4 to 6 1/2" spacing. The previous owner told me these were all used on the B-10 and I believe him. The hitches do not look to have been modified unless they were repainted after the mods as the welds have yellow paint on them. Moldboard Plow:

Cultivator:

Weird little plow/furrow maker:

I also got this pair of sleeve hitches. These do not appear to be Sim/AC as the spacing is about 9 3/4" - too wide for the rear of "our" type tractors:

Assuming the plows and cultivator are NOT AC's (they don't look like it) and someone did modify the hitches to work on the B-10, what were they for originally? I'd really like to know what brand the sleeve hitches were for as I think they're ebay bound. In looking at similar items on ebay me thinks they could be Cub Cadet but not sure. Thanks, Brent

Looks to me like a good way to attach implements without the "floppy" sleeve hitch. Maybe some early A-C/Simplicity attachments?

The handle on the plow looks like something you would see on a david-bradley or sears-roper product. The sleeve hitches look like they were brinly-made. Look kind of like the Cub hitches.

Brent, As always you have a very nice find to say the least.Please show some pictures of the B-10 when you have time.Are you keeping that tractor or selling it? You could bring it to greenville this yr.

Sorry Chad but the B-10 never had a chance to lay rubber on Baumer soil. I cut a deal with my partner in crime (another mysterious club member) on this deal upon returning from our adventure. I do have a pic of it but it needs some massaging before it will upload. Got the B10 with original rear wheel weights and a very good/almost new replacement deck and tire chains. I only owned it for about 30 minutes.

I did keep the attachments shown above plus an excellent 42" snow blade, a 32" Simplicity snowblower and a very good yellow AC front counter weight plus a homemade rear ball hitch receiver.

The moldboard plow and ball hitch receiver are keepers for me. Unsure about the other stuff at the moment except for the sleeve hitches which are gonners for sure. Brent

Chad, it is probably obtainable for the right money, as are some of the other pieces if anyone wants to make an offer. This one might be the most sought after:

Brent

quote:
Originally posted by Brent_Baumer
Chad, it is probably obtainable for the right money, as are some of the other pieces if anyone wants to make an offer. This one might be the most sought after: [img]/club2/attach/Brent_Baumer/weight.jpg[/img] Brent
Kinda looks to me like a hundred dollar bill laying on the floor there....;)