Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Lawn Rollers

AGCO918

Wanting to know where everybody gets their lawn rollers. I know Dutch built a very neat looking roller,but i have no old waterheaters laying around.I have looked at Sears,Walmart,TSC,Meijers online,&Ace Hardware .Ace has about the best one so far for$169.00 .That is a 48 inch.Where are rollers at forsale? I cant find nothing in the local paper or trading post.I now it is only the second day of spring but i need to find one for my Agco 2027.Just thought i would ask what everyone has found in their area as far as rollers.Thanks for all the help in advance.

Our local paper has a wanted section on saturdays, add costs a buck, and usually yeilds just about anything you could want, for a pretty resonable price. That's where I got mine.

Chad, I built that monster roller for a RAP job. It's kinda big for normal lawn use, but it does work for that too. For the price of a factory built roller, making one really isn't a good idea. Wouldn't it be great if there were local chapters where members within driving distance of each other could lend implements? That may not work for mower decks or snowthrowers when everyone needs one at the same time. But how about rollers, grader blades, plows, rakes, etc.?

The TSC stores up here have them and my Simplicity dealer sells them also. He sells the plastic roller and if I ever buy another I think that I will go that route.

Chad, I'm pretty sure Lowe's has them. There is also a guy on SR 119 between Anna and McCartyville that had three of them sitting in his yard. Looked like two of them were four feet wide or better, and the other was maybe around three. Don't know if they are still there though, and sorry that I don't have a number for you to call. But if you happen to head that way, he's on the north side of the road and the rollers are in the yard in front of the house. DaveM

I bought my 4'er a couple years ago at TSC. I think I paid less then $120 on sale. But then again, that was before the price of steel went sky high. If you still wanted to make your own, find a loacl plumber in your area and ask him to save you an old water heater the next time he changes one. Randy

Chad, looks like you want to build one. Lowe lumber co take old water heater in to dispose of. You might go by a ask if you can have one. Here in Greer SC our lowe had 3 of them out back over the weekend.