Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

And What Will You Be Doing This Spring

Agricola

My plans, as far as tractors will include getting the 725 running and tested. Cleaning and painting the 700. Getting the F12(IH) rebuilt. Come on Warm Weather!:X

What is that status of your F12, my dad has my great-grandfather's '36 in the barn. The crankshaft still turns but that is about it. We both would really like to restore it, but would at least like to get back to a running state. I think we need to fix the fuel line first, 70 years of grime and rust. That tractor was the first one in the neighborhood and is still one the farm that worked most of its life. My dad has my great grandfather's cancelled check and receipt for the tractor as well as the orginal owners manual and the receipt from goodyear when he put rubber tires on it in the fall of '36. Plans for the spring include some earth moving with the blade and tiller on both my dad's AC716 and my 7117.

Rolling the yard,Spraying the yard for weeds,Fertilizing the yard,& some mulching with the Agco 2027s loader.

Working on finishing my workshop. My leg injury delayed that about 2 months. Restore the lardlord, build a Nicky bucket. There's a few others I can't think of at the moment. Oh and FINNALY get this going:

See Mike why I need a sandblaster? :D

Considering letting the yard go to seed. Maybe digging a garden by hand instead of tilling. Getting the horse from Dad's to eat some of the grass and also ride it to work. Don't know if I can afford much tractor time the way gas is going......

Gonna try to sell one more tractor (the Suburban 10 hp), get the 2110 running and the Big Ten running better, Then sell this place and move south. We've been looking for a campground or RV park in Florida or maybe Georgia. Found a fantastic deal on a site...about an hour from Marty(MPH). decided to pass on that one. I'm looking forward to the day we can put for sale signs on all the snow attachments and have a bonfire of long johns and sweat shirts. But just in case, I figure it wil be smart to plant the usual garden and continue on the stockade fence.

Well, after cleaning up the 24 some odd trees that sustained severe ice damage this past winter imma have Muncie's largest bon fire in the garden. By the time I get all those branches burned it'll be about time to get the lawn sweep out for the fall leaves. We have four seasins here in Indiana, Before Winter, Winter, after Winter and Road Construction Season. None of which are very desireable. I have 3.5 acres, the way I see it, I can buy three goats to stay on top of the trimming needs and at 15 bucks each at the farm sale i'll be about a grand ahead in saved gas prices by the end of the season. And that's using the 525 to mow. I'm actually planning on using the Serf and Broadmoor to mow this year because I can do the 3.5 acres for a little over 2 gallons of gas in them as opposed to the nearly 6 gallons of gas in the MTD POS. Once the garden is burned down i'll doze off the majority of the ashes turn it down with the walker roll it and plant grass with the exception of the asparagas patch. The deer will be a little upset that they wont have the corn to steal but with all else that's going on there's no real time to tend a full on garden this year.

I'm going to build a tractor for strictly snowblowing. I think I'm going to start with the 2110,since that's what the blower fits,and it's a good runner. Teardown,cleaning and repaint,with new decals.I've got a new seat for it,probably some new rubber on 4 corners.Haven't decided if I want wide tires on the front,or stay with skinny.Wheel weight ideas,counter weight ideas,the thoughts are endless.....

Do some mowing with the 410s and gardening and tilling with the two B-110's. I understand, gas is really skyrocketing. Going up every day here. Maybe I should buy a huge barrel full and put stabelizer in it and use it in the tractors and a farm truck.

Finish taking my B10 apart, paint and reassamble it...Get the 912H loader completely finished and useful...Tripling the size of the horse pasture (lots of fence work) Redo the inside of the milk house to make a tack room for my wifes horse stuff. The list is a bit more extensive but thats all that comes to mind right now.

First thing will to get my B-10 narrow front conversion done. It's in a bunch of pieces right now waiting to be steam cleaned before sanding and painting. Then it will be getting an old landlord up and running, finishing the loader for my bolens and maybe getting a start on a custom built 4 wheel drive articulated tractor built. By then it will probably be winter again!

Going to try to get rid of most of my Sears stuff. Need to move some 3 or 4 truckloads of dirt, even though I don't have a bucket, not sure how to work that situation. Need to resolve timing and oil leak problems on my main worker(B110). Going to try to get the B12 into good useable condition. Maybe swap a good 16HP K341 back into my MF 16, work on my 17GTL-to briggs conversion, get some push mowers sold, plant and maintain my 3 garden plots, spread crabgrass preventer, may skip the areating and last but not least consider finding a summer job.

I hope to get the Mott flail going, maybe repaint the B1. Im just about ready to install a hydro unit on the 64 LL. Clean up the 3310V for sale. Fix up the 3410 and make it my wife's puller. Continue working on the tandem axle Broadmoor. Put some sort of floor in my tent/gararge! "a bit muddy now" Till and resead the lawn. Oh and do what ever prodjects the BOSS "wife" comes up with.lol Elon

Oh one more thing, I hope to make a spray booth in a corner of my work shop/basement. That would make the wife very happy. no more fumes! lol Elon

Whew!!.......I need to sit down and rest just from reading all of your projects. I guess my trenching and feild drains will have to wait awhile.

My 3212H needs the rear PTO bearings replaced ASAP so if and when the grass grows I will be ready. Got to hook up with my buddy to get the belt & linkage to get the 36 inch tiller working so I can till my garden. Put the 42 inch blower attachment away till next winter! (thank goodness!) Finish my two + year old restoration project on my 1986 Chevy Silverado Pickup. Do some work to my 1978 Penn Yan boat and get it on the mooring so I can do some fishing in my spare time (yea right!)

Finish restoring the 727 boardmoor. Check the other 4 AC and simp. to make sure they are all in working order.Do some reseeding of the lawn using the revitalizer I have for the 727,if I get it finished in time. Make a hitch for a Johnny Bucket I'm getting from one of our members. Move some mulch and dirt with it. May even do some gardening. And of course the long Honey do list.I think this list will take me untill middle of July. Is that when spring starts.

I will be finishing a 12hp707 a 717 ,627,637,738 the 3008 needs a motor and when I'm not doing this the wife wants a green house the house needs a roof and i will need to find time to keep 3 acres mowed

Lessee... Repair the basement wall where it fell in this winter [:0] Finish the ductwork on the new furnace installed last winter. Several posts in the basement dont reach the floor anymore, guess I need to do something about that. ;) I hate dirt floors. Replace the rotted sill plate around about 40 feet of kitchen. And it looks like that same water that got the posts also got the bottom of the hot water tank. Ahh the "joys" of a fixer upper. My best B mower deck has the "smile" crack and needs a spindle. Finish my forklift so I can use it. The wife's Roper needs new head gaskets to mow with. The wife's Sears Suburban needs a carb kit, choke cable and belts. The Springfield cultivating tractor needs a carb kit and a patch on the broken rear end. Loader project if I ever get that far. The Garden, till, plant, etc. I have 18 trees and shrubs sitting dormant that need to get in the ground soon. Now that I know my ditch works, it needs to be redone right this year. Hmmm. 2 vans need engine work, 3 tractors need restoration, need my dump wagon done in order to dig my brother's pond, theres more I'm sure. Nah, I don't have too much to do. ;);):D:D

Most likely watch the big birds return to thier summer home while I work in Delta and try to maintain this place somewhat on my day off. Dav, what's the name of the site you found for sale an hour from me? I should know it as there's only 3 ways to go.

Hi Well this spring,I plan on cutting grass as part of my Lawn Care Business with my Agco Allis 1920H and later on my DA 1918H. I will be repowering my Agco Allis 512H with a new Briggs and Stratton 12hp engine. I also plan on rebuilding my Duetz Allis 1918H's hood( as it was all smashed in when I bought it last year). I am also hoping to repaint it. I am deciding weather to paint it in it's orginal Deutz Allis Spring Green or to paint it Orange. I also need to paint the 48inch mower deck for my 1918H and replace the blades on the deck. I am also thinking about mounting a power sweeper on my 1918 as well. That is what I got planned. Take Care Jason B