Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My latest find.....

wantedinct

Well after seeing that most people prefer the hydro's over the gear shifts i started looking for one, here's what i found.

Its a 3112H with a hydro. lift,I have to say, the hydros are nice, i really like not having to stop and shift,also i think its a little faster then the 2210.

It runs good, i still want to go through it, i've been finding lots of loose nuts and bolts. I got a nice 48" deck, and this...

Now heres my question, on the handle for the hydro-drive, theres a lever on it, what is it supposed to do? i think mine is missing something, because it doesn't do a thing. here's a pic of it.

How wide is revitalizer? Mine is 42 understand they made a 26 What is model number? mine is 990688 can not locate any info. Does yours have holes on end of tines?

quote:
Originally posted by Ronald Hribar
mine is 990688 can not locate any info.
Here's the manuals for your revitalizer: http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_400_1335_00_AT_S.pdf http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_400_3691_00_XX_S.pdf

The handle on the hydro lever should have a steel ball in it so it locks when you push it forward. Then you must pull the floating lever to remove pressure on the ball cam to retract the lever toward neutral. There should be a spring on the pivot linckage going into the hydro trans. pump that pulles all the slack,if any, in the linkage towards reverse. So this cam ball keeps it in foward travel and is what most newer mowers call cruise control. It's no BIG deal I find I almost always keep my hand on the lever while mowing anyway. I like to keep it pushed to the max so I get done faster. It helps now that I put a 16HP in it also. lol You can get the proper sized steel ball from any Sim. dealer. It's just a few cents. Make sure the spring on the floating lever is good. Dave. By the way, nice find on both of them. Not that many peices, but a heck of a find all together.

Thanks for the manuals , Greg, I looked and searched until I timed out to no avail on site. And I have two large volumes of tractors and parts manuals and ,nothing in there. Thank you

Nice 3112H! I noticed a few oil drips on the floor under your engine area? Did these come from the tractor? If so you should try to find out where those leaks are coming from. You don't want to run out of oil and mess things up. I have a 3212H and have only used it so far to blow the snow away. I have a 48 inch mower and a 32 inch tiller that I can't wait to try out. My tractor looks just like yours. Does anyone know what the differences in the 3112H and the 3212H are? Best of luck with your new old tractor...

Thanks UCD! Speaking of the center PTO, mine is loose and the bearings are shot. Will new bearings be all I need or does the shaft get damaged when the bearings wear out? Where's the best place to get the parts I may need? If you have part numbers that would be great too??? Thanks again...

The diameter of that ball bearings is 5/16 and available thru any dealer, hardware store or parts house. Buy several it seems I always loose a few trying to get them where they belong.

Thanks, for the info, now heres another question, i found my oil leak, its coming from the hydro-lift fill plug, right out of the center of the plug,and its not over full, so thats telling me that the plug is also a vent, but what can i do about it leaking?

If you're looking to sell or trade that revitalizer for other tractors or implements, just let me know! :D I'm about 10 miles north of Sturbridge Mass, so we're close... ;)