Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

new attachment

TBOLT

[img]/club2/attach/tbolt/yard pics 039.jpg[/img] found this backhoe attachment for my tractor. It is a woods painted up for a cub cadet. It was a couple years old but had been used very little. I could have got one made for my tractor but it costs a couple thousand more than this one and i would have to take lift arms off. Any likes/dislikes about these woods backhoe attachments? This one is a 7 ft. reach.

quote:
Originally posted by TBOLT Any likes/dislikes about these woods backhoe attachments? This one is a 7 ft. reach.
Yep...I very much dislike the fact that it is not mine:(:( I'd sure like to come across one that was made for the Sunstar.:) Nice rig and I am jelous!!

Back hoes are cool for a little digging too. They are good for planting trees, Replanting trees, moving rocks and making ponds, digging up the top plate for the septic tank. Thats a nice looking unit Tony. Tell us how you like it and why we would want one like it. Is it easy to remove? Does the 7' depth accually reach there with ease? Do you like the hydralic controls?

It works good, very easy to hook up.Fits anything with a 3pt. hitch and 540 pto. Once you slide the pump on the pto splines you can pretty much manipulate it where you want it. It has 2 joy sticks and 2 outrigger levers, the joysticks are quick to learn and I just dug a 4 foot drain line and about a 6ft. tank hole for a shower and washing machine drain in red clay with no problem. I figured I could have went another ft.. I figured I needed to put in a septic tank, Dig out for basement/footers for my house and run a couple long ditches for water lines. I thought after all that it would save a good deal of what I paid for it, then I can play on it for years. I'm forever digging.Its not as fast as a backhoe and wont rip up stumps and roots as fast but if you dig at it itt'l eventually unearth. I think I'm gonna go ahead and pay for it and keep it. I just thought I'd dig a little with it for a couple days first.And thought I'd try to find out if there were any dislikes from anyone who has one. [img]/club2/attach/tbolt/yard pics 047.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/tbolt/yard pics 049.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/tbolt/yard pics 054.jpg[/img]

Whats to dislike, it looks like it earning it's keep to me. OH I dislike the fact that I don't have anything it will fit on. That is if your looking for dislikes.

Tony, What is the tractor? Looks like it may be a Massey or Agco. How do you like it? If I determine I can't "skid logs" with my little ones, I'll be in the market for a 4WD CUT with a loader...

Its a century 3045 48hp 4wd.4CYL. Yanmar. It has front and rear remote hydraulics, skid steer type quick detach bucket and the loader itself is quick detach. Shuttle shift, draft, I love it. I use it for everything [url]http://www.centurytractors.com/Century_Product_Line_2.htm[/url]