Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

707 questions

dav

Was looking for the drive pulley for my sickle bar at a shade tree mower mechanic's. Saw two round hoods surfacing from a snow drift. Didn't feel like lying in the snow to check them out. Is there any interchangability with the large frame tractors? I don't think i've even looked at a small frame. Do they have bgb's? are the front tires the same size as the bigger Simps? Is the hood the same? Both have decks, one needs the s/g. He claims one runs. Will go back in a week or so to see what else is in the snow-there were several steering wheels and some handles sticking up

Very few parts if any are common between a broadmoor and a large frame tractor. They may use the same hard to find hood nuts. Otherwise pretty much totally different. No BGB, Tires are very small both front and back.

Thanks Chris. The price is right cause the guy is moving. Trouble is I am trying to move too. Maybe I'll get a wild hair and buy them anyway. If so I'll post them in the classifieds.

• 3 weeks later...
Haven't been back to see what was under the snow, so I didn't buy either small frame. Good thing cause my neighbor (the car cruher}offered me one he brought in with a bunch of riders and pushers. Didn't take it so I imagine it's one it's way to China