Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
nighteye

Grey Powermax?

nighteye
Hi all: I'm getting ready to restore a 4041 that is a light grey and Orange. Has anyone tried to match that color before? I have found tons of info in here about the Orange and Cream but nothing on Grey I,m leaning toward changing it to the Creame color because all the attachements are cream and also because I'm not sure I like the combination. Thanks, Ken

thedaddycat
I have had a few tractors, 3300 series if I recall correctly, that were the light grey instead of the cream shade of white. I believe this was an OEM paint scheme at one time, early 70's or so...

D-17_Dave
I think I've seen 1 or 2 grey based large frame tractors, but I don't recall them ever haveing a grey powermax. Is it possible this is a repaint over the orriginal orange.

nighteye
It looks like an original paint job except maybe a touch-up job on the rims. The more I look at this color combo the more I dont like it. I hate to break from something original but I am sure leaning on this one.[url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=nighteye&file=15928"][img]images/disk.gif[/img][/url] Thanks, Ken

dhardin
It might be one originally sold/used for the military. I belive they where used to move planes in and around the hanger. I seen a photo of one used like that some where. If it was paint some stripes on it and call it "sarge", and drive it in the veterans parade.