Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Grey Powermax?

nighteye

Hi all: I'm getting ready to restore a 4041 that is a light grey and Orange. Has anyone tried to match that color before? I have found tons of info in here about the Orange and Cream but nothing on Grey I,m leaning toward changing it to the Creame color because all the attachements are cream and also because I'm not sure I like the combination. Thanks, Ken

I have had a few tractors, 3300 series if I recall correctly, that were the light grey instead of the cream shade of white. I believe this was an OEM paint scheme at one time, early 70's or so...

I think I've seen 1 or 2 grey based large frame tractors, but I don't recall them ever haveing a grey powermax. Is it possible this is a repaint over the orriginal orange.

It looks like an original paint job except maybe a touch-up job on the rims. The more I look at this color combo the more I dont like it. I hate to break from something original but I am sure leaning on this one.[url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=nighteye&file=15928"][img]images/disk.gif[/img][/url] Thanks, Ken

I have an original 4041 that has the gray hood and steering column. I have used a New Holland paint on a 4040 which is close. I can get the numbers on it tomorrow.

It might be one originally sold/used for the military. I belive they where used to move planes in and around the hanger. I seen a photo of one used like that some where. If it was paint some stripes on it and call it "sarge", and drive it in the veterans parade.

I bought my tractor new from a dealer so it was not for military use. The New Holland paint I used is Gray Enamel (39/62) M1J-957-SE5DS. This was touchup paint in spray can.