Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Im ready for spring fun!

ehertzfeld

With the boys at there moms house, I had a very quite easter, well that was untill I started pulling the trators out!:D I took the AGs off the 3310V to mount them on the 64 landlord, now that it has the new axle. Then I added the arttillery:o):o)

Are the sickles really loud is it just me? Elon

The sickle bar mowers do make a bit of noise. They should be greased before you start using them and every couple of hours of use while in service. I will have to look it up, but I think it's a 3 hour service interval for greaseing.

Looks great Elon! Are they really only supposed to be run at idle? Maybe thats why my sears sickle broke.

Not sure what to run it at. I seem to remember reading something that said they shoud be run a half throttle in 1st grear. Does that sound about right? What should I use for grease? Before I tested it I spreyed it with PB lube but that is all. I know I should get better lube but not sure what kind to get. Elon

Looks like your back tires are wider than your tiller. Does this mean you will need to add an extension set of tines?

you think that look small with the Ags, you should have seen it on the B1 with the dauls! lol I'm toying with idea of extentions. Elon

Elon, I got a set of extensions off an old simplicity roticul. They were even the same part # as factory tine extensions. Many off brand walk behind tillers appear to use very similar tines. Maybe you could get a set off an old junk tiller. The tine extensions are held on only with a pin on each side. Very easy to use.