Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Nice Bucket from a blade

Boney

This is a URL for a nice tractor snow/dirt blade attachment to turn it into a bucket of sorts. http://www.superior-tech.com/pics.html

I came across this last year and was thinking of making one for my Ultima untill I found the loader. It's a pretty neat set up.

Some "real loaders" for big tractors and skid steers come with what's called a 3-way or 4-way bucket that functions similarly. The 4-way bucket typically has serrated back edges on the moving "bucket sides" so you can use it like a grapple to "bite" things like brush or tree trunks and lift them up...

That blade accessory is better than a Johnny Bucket. You can grade with your blade at the flick of a lever. A Johnny Bucket grading while it's flopping around is useless. You can dump your load with the blade nearly on the ground. No need to lift the bucket so that the thing can dump. Looks "superior" to me.