Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Warning, Not Orange or Yellow

EricD

Here's a picture of the '67 SS12 I've gotten freshened up. The engine top end was rebuilt (new pistion rings, valves), the hydraulic cylinders were rebuilt, the hydraulic hoses are new, the rubber is new-ags in the back tri ribs in the front, the paint is fresh, and the weight box is an old military ammo box. I fabed up the weight box frame to look fancy with the chain but it also pivots upward in the event the terrain demands it move to maintain traction. [img]attach/ericd/050329043326.JPG[/img][/url]

Sharp looking outfit! Good job on it. Is that a "Cherry Bomb" exhaust stack I see sticking up in the air? How does it sound?

Thanks for the compliments. It is a cherry bomb exhaust. It sounds a tad loud but is deep and not overbearing. I drove it down the road to my neighbors and he heard me coming. He said:"loud pipes save lives" 8D The loader is a Sears kwik way, standard factory option for Sears in the day. When new a set up similar to this could be had for under $900. The color is not factory but I don't care for the original blue and white. [img]attach/ericd/050329043452.JPG[/img][/url] [img]attach/ericd/050329043436.JPG[/img][/url] [img]attach/ericd/050329043354.JPG[/img][/url] The amber side markers are modern. The rear round lights are from the era. I still have some details to take care of like finding a dock block from a tractor trailer. It's basically one of those thick rubber rectangle shaped "bumpers" that prevents damage to the trailer backing into the dock. I plan to get one and install it between the rear lights to prevent breaking the lens' as well as to give me a bumper and push bar of sorts. I also need a steering wheel cap (mine melted under the heat of a lamp drying dash paint..doh)and some decals for the shifer and dash. Finding a shifter boot will protect the tranny from water via rain or snow too. After the pictures today I took it out back to realize I need to use a different class three hitch that is lower (which I have and will paint up). The one mounted is too high to easily drive under my trailer and lift. I did discover that this tractor eats its way through mud easily. After all our rain I have a real bog along side the house.

That's qiut the workhorse. I found a case-ingersol backhoe/loader today. I hope to make it mine someday. Yours looks better than the one I found from beside the woods. And yours works.lol

Sharp looking tractor. Hope you have better luck than I do with sears and tecumseh. Only sears I'm keeping has a 14 HP Cast iron Briggs and a sunstrand hydro, though I do like the old 6-speeds, for an aluminum cased transmission they do seem to hold up very well.