Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
mark64

B112 rear wheel question

mark64
The rear rims on my B112 are a solid center instead of the more cupped and spot welded centers I have on my B10. I am pretty sure the B112 rims are factory correct and measure 10" wide. Are everyone else's 12hp rims this way? I am looking for another set of rims to mount ag tires on and noticed mine were a little different from what I have seen on other tractors, and I am courious. Thanks Mark

Kent
I have a set of those on my 3112V Simp also -- I think these are fairly rare and only available around the 1968/1969 timeframe... I've see a few sets, but not many.

From what I understand, your rims were a limited run. I believe these came on the 3112H tractors. I have a HB112 which does not have these. I have a 3012, B112 sister tractor, I have a 3112H and a HB112, again sister tractors. The 3112H and the HB112 both have wide wheels. I actually have two 3112H's and each came with the flat dish rims. Yes, rare. I know of two people who are taking these from these tractors and putting these on 7016 series types of tractors because it makes their machines look better. If you're restoring a 3112H, that's one difficulty you will find. Hope that helps.

thedaddycat
Are they anything like the rims shown in the second pic of chains on a tire/wheel? http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/portal_External.asp?LinkID=125&LinkName=Tire%20Chains&CatID=36&CatTitle=Weights,&URL=http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25286

Kent
Yes, Kirk, they're like the second picture. Flat, solid centers in a wide rim. My 3112V has them, for example, but the 3012 (also a variable) did not even though it had 10.50 x 12 tires... I think they're a late '68/early '69 production run, but I'm not sure....