Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B112 rear wheel question

mark64

The rear rims on my B112 are a solid center instead of the more cupped and spot welded centers I have on my B10. I am pretty sure the B112 rims are factory correct and measure 10" wide. Are everyone else's 12hp rims this way? I am looking for another set of rims to mount ag tires on and noticed mine were a little different from what I have seen on other tractors, and I am courious. Thanks Mark

I saw a set on a HB112 at a tractor show in NC a couple years back. That is the only set I have seen in person. I dont think they are very common though,Matt

I have a set of those on my 3112V Simp also -- I think these are fairly rare and only available around the 1968/1969 timeframe... I've see a few sets, but not many.

I have a 3112V that I bought new in 1969 and it has the type of rims that you describe. Flat on the back side. I was unaware that this style of rim was rare.

From what I understand, your rims were a limited run. I believe these came on the 3112H tractors. I have a HB112 which does not have these. I have a 3012, B112 sister tractor, I have a 3112H and a HB112, again sister tractors. The 3112H and the HB112 both have wide wheels. I actually have two 3112H's and each came with the flat dish rims. Yes, rare. I know of two people who are taking these from these tractors and putting these on 7016 series types of tractors because it makes their machines look better. If you're restoring a 3112H, that's one difficulty you will find. Hope that helps.

Are they anything like the rims shown in the second pic of chains on a tire/wheel? http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/portal_External.asp?LinkID=125&LinkName=Tire%20Chains&CatID=36&CatTitle=Weights,&URL=http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25286

Yes, Kirk, they're like the second picture. Flat, solid centers in a wide rim. My 3112V has them, for example, but the 3012 (also a variable) did not even though it had 10.50 x 12 tires... I think they're a late '68/early '69 production run, but I'm not sure....

here on an hb112??? yes that is an hb112:) I am trying to picture these painted white and mounted on the 7114h?????