Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Amazing what a grader blade will do

So I'd say a grader blade was my third best investment in attachments, leaving the rototiller as gravey or in fourth. I have a large gravel driveway and parking area with 3/4" trap rock... needless to say after all the snow is gone, I have all the gravel in the grass and on the edges. I've been careful with my plowing to not pull up too much gravel, but my plow guy (days when I'm not around) was worse at keeping the gravel in it's place. Well after about 1.5 to 2 hours of processing with a grader blade, my driveway is back looking great. Using an angle on the blade not only moves the gravel up hill areas, it pushes gravel left or right. When you press on this with your feet, you can adjust the pressure and actually take gravel off the lawn without digging much of the lawn up.