Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My wires don't know where to go.

KVANDY12

Need help to wire the 727 broadmoor. Wiring harness is gone. Will have to make the wires. But I can't see from the wire drawings where some of the wires go. Safety switch 2 wire where do they go on key switch, other one goes where? Key switch 4 post D,S,B,G. Wires to solenoid. Solenoid to S/G. Regulator to S/G. Well all ya all get the picture. I know where some of them go but can't figure where most of them go. One nice thing the motor started when hook up the battery, first time I've heard it run, no smoke no rattles.So I have a good motor. As allway thank for your help.

Scott the wire coming off the key switch to mag. Is that wire run to the motor, the wires that come out of motor and hook where throdle cable goes. Is that the wire that goes to the mag?

Boy, I don't know the answer to that one. If I have time tonight, I'll take some pics of my B-208, since the hood's off.

Wire coming out of the engine from the mag needs to be hooked to the switch terminal that is connected to ground in the off position. This way it shorts the magneto and prevents spark when the ignition is turned off. Some systems have a direct connector between the mag wire and the switch wire. Some have a small terminal block to which both are connected that is usually mounted near the throttle. I think this is what you are talking about.

Run all the wire by the drawing, set the battery in turn the switch and the motor started, no smoke on knocks that the first time I heard this motor run nice surprise. Run so good that when I turned switch off it kept on running. Now how do we solve this problem? The wire to the mag wasn't hook up tho. The wires that come out of motor by the carb.2 look like they are just gronded to the sheet metal. one wire comes out and hook where throdle cable hook. one wire of the 2 grounded wire is wrap around this wire which has been scraped bear to make contacted with it.help.