Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Broadmoor HI-Lo option question...

AC808

I stumbled upon a 1966ish Broadmoor that has a HiLO on it. I didnt realize that that was an option...or was it? Im not finding anything in the Simplicity literature on here. Any of you know anything about this? Im going to pick it up Friday afternoon...pics to follow then.

Here's the manual for the Hi-Lo: http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_100_1262_00_AT_S.pdf

Jay, my 1964 has the option for the hi-lo. And although it's a 303 with electric s/g and bug lights, it doesnt have the hi-lo, but it does have the hole in the fender pan to install. I believe from the onset it was an option because of the availability of certain add-on's that required a creeper gear. Although 1st gear on mine is slower than a box turtle with gobbs of torque. Hope you find what your seeking!! Oh, and you dont need that old hi-lo set up so you can feel free to just box it up and send it this way....LOL

Zippo I got a spair tranny out of a 303 with the Hi/Lo unit still attached, but it goes with a complete snowblower unit. I would like to get rid of it as a set. The Hi/Lo works great when using a tiller so the RPM's are high but the ground speed creeps.

Zippo...my plan is to let the hilo go..let me know if youre interested...otherwise it goes in the classifieds on here...

Jay, would love the chance. Let me know what your asking and i'll letcha know post haste! Paul, thanks for the offer but a blower is out of my range right now. I'm sure e-bay would turn a good penny for the pair!

quote:
Originally posted by ridgerunner
Zippo I got a spair tranny out of a 303 with the Hi/Lo unit still attached, but it goes with a complete snowblower unit. I would like to get rid of it as a set. The Hi/Lo works great when using a tiller so the RPM's are high but the ground speed creeps.
The Hi/Lo is for the tractors with the 2 speed trannys as first gear is sometimes too fast when running a snow blower..The 2 speeds do not have a rear PTO shaft for running a tiller..However you can mount the Hi/Lo on a 3 speed trans (newer tractor 727 or newer) but you will have to cut the fender on the tractor as the newer tractors do not have the hole for the shifter as the Hi/Lo was not an optiion for those..I put one on a 728 Broadmoor and it is slower than a snail in low...If you us it with the tiller the tiller PTO slows down as well so you kinda defeat the purpose for that,LOL

quote:
Originally posted by AC808
Im assuming that this unit wont fit on the B-series tractors??? Am I correct?
No it wont fit the larger frame tractors.. 1)The pulley is like 8-10 in and would be like Lo range when its in Hi with that big of a pulley.. 2)I belive the input shafts on the Broadmoors are smaller so it wouldn't fit on the Large frame's trans input shaft