Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Conquest

Charlieson

Im thinking about buying one of the new Simplicity Conquests. My 3416 wouldnt start yesterday, and it seems like I spend more time with a wrench in my hand than riding on it. Last year she threw a rod, then the cone clutch went, and I think the bgb is starting to wear. Just getting tired of fixing things all the time. Besides, I dont have a lot of free time. Anyone have a Conquest? I Know it isnt as heavy as my 3416, but for the money I dont think you can get a better tractor. I priced out the kubota bx 1500 and they are running around 9000. That would be about the same as my 3416. Wish Simplicity still made the Sovereign tractors. I also was wondering if my Dozer blade from my Sovereign will adapt the the Conquest. Well, Guess I'll start tearing into "little Granny", and figure out why she wont run. ddh:D

See these posts out of Sam's new conquest. I think adapters are mide for fit for soveriegn tillers, blowers, and blades. [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=41786&SearchTerms=Conquest,sam[/url] [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35635&SearchTerms=Conquest,sam[/url]

I have one, a 2002 model, and I love it. 16hp Vanguard purrs like a kitten; turns on a dime; and the dual foot pedal control is an easy transition from other methods. New ones have 18hp Vanguard but I know of a carryover here and bet there are some deals around. When I asked, I found there are conversions for many Sovereign attachments to Conquest/Prestige. Buy it ... You will like it!;)

I bought a new Conquest back in August 2004. It is an 18HP with 50" mower deck and I also bought a 42" single-stage snowthrower. Though I don't think it is as heavy as my A-C 916H, it is a solid tractor compared to what else is out there today. Look at one at your local Simplicity dealer and take it for a test drive. I know you'll be sold on it!!:)

Buy the new tractor & you wont have the breakdowns.The nickle & diming is why i bought my new Agco 918 in 1999 & new Agco 2027 Diesel.The foot pedal is great.Keep the old stuff to show or use .Buy the new conquest and you will be at ease.When you need it ,it will start right up.

Im going to buy it today. I get very little time off, and dont want to be under the gun when the homestead needs mowing and the tractor wont start. Nickle and dime plus all my time. ddh

I got it. Just finished mowing the yard. I cant get over how agile and sure footed it is. I dont have the wheel weights on yet, but it goes as well (if not better) than my 3416 with weights. I live on a hill, and most of my mowing is up and down and sideways on the hill. It did wonderful. Still not as heavy as the older ones, and I need to unhook that annoying seat switch, but I think it will do. ddh

CONGRATS! I have a B 10 for play and a Conquest b/c I cannot afford equip downtime after coming home from a day job. It is a wonderful machine. I am a green convert b/c of the Conquest.

I'll have the same setup. A 3212v for play and my Conquest for mowing. I dont have time for 'downtime either. Wife is going to make me sell one tractor though, so the 3416 gets it. ddh

Congradulations on your new tractor.Please post a picture of the new toy. The mowing is like night & day.I like the old tractors to ply with but to depend on to use all the time ,the new models are the way to go.Take a picture of your new & old together.

Congradulations Dewayne. I have a prestige that I bought a couple of years ago and have no complaints. You will be very happy with it. I cut my mowing time probably in half.

As soon as the weather clears, I'll line all three up and take a picture. I have a B207 that Im working on for my son, wish I had it running. That would make a good picture. Three generations of tractor. HMMMM, maybe I need one of the late model Sovereigns for the pic also. I wonder if the wife would notice another tractor sitting around. ddh