Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
pbrenner70

nylon plugs

pbrenner70
On the right axle, there is a set of nylon plugs underneath the traction bolts. They are no longer availible. What is everyone using now when they rebuild their axles?

HubbardRA
I put a later model limited slip unit in mine. I like the way they work much better. I changed the diff, axle and right hub on mine. But if my thinking is correct, you really only need to change the diff housing with all the spider gears included. I think this will fit with the older style axle and hub. This way it would still look completely stock, but the limited slip feature is in the spring loading of the spider gears in the housing. The set screws would then only be there for looks.

wpr
I have been contemplating this myself. I could be way off here but one thing I have thought of, would be to fabricate some new plugs out of something like one of those self-healing cutting boards which I believe are made of a very durable nylon. If this works it would be a cheap solution though I think Rod's suggestion is a better long-term solution. Wade