Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-10 Will not start.

lpcb10

Tractor was running fine when I hit heavy snow. (Slop from plow truck) Engine quit will not start. Spark looks good but will not start even tried starting fluid to verify this was not a fuel problem. I have also noticed the starter will engage with the Ignition switch off? That seems strange to me. My S/G may be weak Im not sure about 350 rpm. This tractor started fine before I hit that slush?

On all the older models with push button start, the pushbutton does not go thru the keyswitch so yes, the will turn with the switch off. On those models, the only thing the switch does is grond the points in the off position to kill the engine.

Check the points. I use to have problems with condensation messing with the points until I switched from points and condenser to a electronic ignition module. Haven`t had a problem in 3 years.

I did a compression check it is way too low to start or run. I will pull the head to see what happened. This is original engine in a tractor from 1968.