Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
CarlH

Sovereign with 16hp Briggs

CarlH
Over the weekend, I spent some time getting my 7116H in order for spring chores. I discovered that I had no wiring diagram or schematic for the 7100 series powered by a 16hp Briggs with alternator and electric starter. Have one for a 3416H Briggs with starter/generator and several for different Kohler powered Sovereigns. What document should I be looking for on the Simplicity site?

thedaddycat
Carl, I also have a 7116H with the Briggs engine with ring gear starter and alternator. I was told that these tractors were supposed to have Kohler engines but that Kohler was on strike or something and those engines were not available. Supposedly there weren't too many made with the Briggs engines as the Kohlers became available shortly after the Briggs had started being used...

Chris727
Kirk, I think they made the 7116 exclusively with a briggs and for a good number of years, most of the 1980's. They made the AC 916H and Deutz 916 of the same era most if not all with Kohler K341's.