Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Had this land on my shop floor today....

ReedS

[img]/club2/attach/reeds/dscn0999.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/reeds/dscn1000.jpg[/img] It's a 6 ld 260 if I'm reading the tag right, just need to find the right tractor for it. Already has a starter, just need a charging system and some modified engine mounts. It rotates the right direction and has a 1" pto shaft. Don't know how it runs yet,gonna need some o' that smelly fuel. Price was right too.........:D

Dave the hp rating is something that I hope someone can help me with(although I hope your close);). It is a single.

What about the bolt pattern on the front crank pulley. Will it be hard to make an addapter? Looks good though. Single, I'd say at least a 10hp.

Dave first step will be to test run it. I'll then have to round up a test sled that I can try mounting it into. I think I should be able to get someone to mill up an adaptor. I'm thinking of replacing that cup with a pulley/adaptor combo so I can run an alternator and bolt up to the driveshaft. It's a real rainy day project though!:p

Is that a diesel similar to whats found on the generators running remotely located traffic signs(arrows etc)?

Thanks Maynard, I knew someone would be able to shed a little light on the hp issue. A well known characteristic of a diesel engine isn't always lots of hp, torque is ususally the bigger product of the diesel . Yes Jay you hit the nail on the head. I'm already thinking that I'll put together a chassis from spare parts and that I'll mount up this little gem into that for a little putt putt, more later on this as I need to take care of the more pressing needs first.

Scott Salmons
The torque from the diesel will make up for the horsepower. The first Cummins in the Dodge trucks was only rated a 180 hp however they had a butt load of torque.

• 3 weeks later...
Well I had a little time on my hands this past weekend, so I whipped up this chassis for the parts pile. Of couse as soon as I wanted to take few shots the batt was dead so I have just this one to work with at the moment. The frame is a 3212h frame asnd as you can see ,it'll take a considerable amount of cutting/ welding (read hacking) for this thing to fit in there. I think after going this far that I rather make it fit (hack) an RBT chassis or one from another brand. I have enough parts to put together a 700/725 if I use one of my 19's for the prime mover. So at least for now the diesel goes to the back of the project line for future consideration (until some other chassis comes along). [img]/club2/attach/reeds/dscn1013.jpg[/img]

andy gartner
Cool Reed! Now it looks like time for some of that beer near the cooler, you had on the floor in your first pic...

Simplicity314
quote:
Originally posted by thedaddycat
Roughly, to the nearest one ten-millionth of a HP....
:D:D:D:D:D